||Chapter 51~Let Me Live||

"Hello?" I asked, answering the phone.
"Hey babe, you okay?" Damon asked.
"Yeah I'm fine. We're just drinking some tea and gossiping." I said out of nowhere.
"Cool. You need anything? Want me to pick you up?"
"No! I mean, no. I'm fine with Lola. And I don't need anything. So uhhhh I'll call you in an hour?"
Silence.
"Yeah... sure. When-" ." I hung up.
"Oh holy shit I'm so bad at acting. We need to get out of here." I said to Lola and just then the cab parked outside her house.

While we drove to the airport, I got at least ten missed phone calls and fifteen messages.
From: Damon
Natalie? Are you okay?

From: Damon
Why did you hung up?

From: Damon
Do you want me to pick you up?

From: Damon
Why aren't you answering me?

From: Damon
I'm picking you up.

"Oh shit that's not good." I said reading the messages.
Lola told the driver to hurry up.
"Natalie, your phone!" Lola said and I realized I still had it.
I opened the window and as we sped up on the highway, I threw it out. I saw how another car drove on it.

"Next flight to Zagreb departing in fifteen minutes." I heard a voice say as we entered the airport.
"That's out flight." I said to Lola and her eyes got full his excitement.
"We're going to Croatia?!" She asked enthusiastically and I nodded.
"Let's go, Damon might already be on his way."

||Damon's POV||
This sneaky bitch.
I looked around Lola's house just to find it empty.
Apart from a note on the table with my name on it.
I opened it.

Damon,
I know you must be angry or sad or whatever. But I feel like I don't know you anymore and I don't feel safe with you. Please don't look for me and let me live. I love you but I have to do this for me, and for my baby.
~Natalie

I was fuming. Good that I put a tracking device
on her phone.
I opened my phone and looked where she was but nothing showed up. She must've destroyed the phone.
Okay, Damon... where would she go?
Airport. She would go to the airport.
I jumped into my car and drove off as fast as possible.
Good that I know quick shortcuts.
I took something out from under my seat. It's a needle filled with GHB and Ketamine. Also known as 'date rape drug', makes you quickly unconscious. I hope I won't have to use it.

||Natalie's POV||
I could feel him. I knew he was close. I fucking knew.
We were standing in the middle of the stairs as the queue was full and not moving. I could see the entrance of the airport perfectly when I turned around and I kept looking for him as my palms were sweating and my heart racing. Another minute passed by and we weren't moving.
One more dreadful and long minute.
And another.
I can't go back to him. He can't find me. God please don't let him find me.
I was getting more nervous every second. Then people started moving.
When we were nearly at the top, I saw him.
My heart stopped. He looked fucking pissed. Oh no, no, no. I watched how he entered the building and searched through faces until our eyes met. He started running towards us.
Run.
I hit Lola on the shoulder and we started running up the stairs, my heart threatening to jump out of my chest. My palms sweaty. I pushed through the crowds of people and my eyes were watery. I heard some people whine about my pushing but I just ran. When I turned around, I saw him about twenty steps away from me and that got the adrenaline going. I moved as fast as I could through the crowd of people and I noticed Lola ran in a different direction. I turned around again and saw him running after me and calling my name. He was getting closer.
When I turned back around, I saw there were fewer people and then I saw the ten meters fall before me. I stopped and looked down. When I thought it was the end, I noticed empty stairs on my right. I ran towards them and I stepped too quickly on a step and before I knew it I was tumbling down those ten meters of stairs face first.
When I painfully reached the last step, the last thing I remember was the awful pain in my lower abdomen before I passed out.