14. Flowers & Friends.

Violeta's POV

I woke up. I didn't know what time it could be, but I saw Xander beside me peacefully sleeping. His one hand was in my stomach, that startled me. I slowly took his hand and placed it beside him and came out of the room. I was astonished, the Sun was still rising only. It was dawn. I went to the edge of the lobby and saw the beauty of nature. It took my breath away. The rising sun had spread its orange flavour all over the beautiful garden.

There for the first time since I came here, my eyes fell on my favourite flower. The beautiful Lavendars. I smiled. My second name, how my mother had insisted my dad that Lavendars are far better than roses. And my father finally agreed. My mother had decided long ago that if a girl is born, she should be named Violeta, my father had loved the name. The name gave not only a royal feel but also was the most princess like they said. My mother, hey wait, my mother she used to complain soooooo much that I don't wake up early. She should see me now. I am up even before the sun has fully risen. But........Destiny is cruel with its own set of game plans. Now that I wake up early, I can't inform mom. The sun had fully rose by now.

Giving me the full view of the beautiful healer plants

Giving me the full view of the beautiful healer plants. But now I had lost all the interest in it. It bit me, reminding me of my sour loss. I quickly wiped my tears and went inside the bedroom, there he lay....so peacefully sleeping. Had my life also not been the same as his? No doubt, I had problems, but none like this. I shook away the negativity and went on to take a quick bath. Losing hope, is not a thing for me. I had been a fighter all my life, so will I now.

I went and took a nice bath. The Jacuzzi, did wonders to my mood. I had always craved for it. I understood one thing - God had snatched one thing from me, but he made sure I am provided with other things. Positivity, that is what I needed the most at this moment. After taking bath, I realized that in between all the thinking I had forgotten to bring my dress. So I took a bathrobe and came out. I really hoped that Xander would be asleep but jeez....he is standing over there doing something in his mobile.

Right at that moment, his gaze swung up and he was staring at me. My heart started pounding like there is no tomorrow. I suppose it being so loud, even he could hear. But he quickly turned the other way, and I ran into the closet and locked it. The hammering in my chest still didn't stop but I had a grin on my face and my brain was at peace. He remembers the promise he made yesterday.

Cheerfully, I try to pick something formal both for research center and lunch with his father. Yesterday, he had informed me about our schedule of today. I know it will be difficult, to convince his father, but then when will I put to use my exceedingly great convincing powers? A wicked smile settled on my lips but was quick to depart, looking at Lavendar's wardrobe I found nothing such. But I kept on searching at last I found a non-ripped black jeans, a black tank top and black jacket. Hmm.....perfect....but hey....he..he...will think I have dressed like this for him. Didn't you? My brain mocked, I smiled and went out.