25. Reason to live.

This chapter is dedicated to Jocelyn1208

Violeta's POV.

As I gazed between them and they were looking at anything but me, I understood there is definitely something wrong. Dr. Kenneth broke the silence, "We were best friends and then your father in law did something such that our friendship broke, we are meeting today after years." He said. I was shocked. But one thing clicked, "You weren't on speaking terms....still you called him to meet you...you surely care about him." I said. He looked stunned and then went on denial mode, this even got Dad on all ears mode, "No. No. I only did this as a responsible doctor." He said.

Then when he noticed that we both looked unconvinced he sighed, "I still love you my Philip." He said his eyes shinning. Dad looked as if he would go mad. I smiled a little, even after so many years the earth is not completely wiped of genuine friendships. Dad suddenly stood up and with his ever so calm voice said, "I still love my wife." What? What connection does that have to this situation? "For God's sake Philip, that bitch is dead already." I couldn't take more.

"Dr. Kenneth, you are not talking like that about Xander's mom. Oh! So now I get, you both had fought for Xander's mom, but she loved, Dad, so she went with him. And so you are mad. Right?" I asked finally understanding the situation. "What? No way. I didn't love that daughter of a bitch." He spat with venom. "Ken." Dad also raised his voice. "I think we can sit and talk. And talk in a lower voice." I said and sat down, they followed the suite. "I love Philip and not that dead lady." Dr. Kenneth said. I was beyond shocked.

I mean I know about Gay marriages and stuff like that, but this was on all together different level. I didn't know how to react or what to say. Dad looked at me and I could also see from corner of my eyes that Dr. Kenneth was staring at me. Dad came near me and took my hand and said, "Relax....relax...you look so pale.." I tried to smile, but this was odd. Though I have heard a lot about these things...I had never encountered one such person and if felt odd. I tried all I can to not be judgemental, but found it difficult.

"He tried everything, but I had fallen and fallen hard for Rose..." I could see he was emotional. "He kept on troubling her and I kept on forgiving him....but one day...he...tried.to get her killed...that's when we stopped talking all together.." I hugged him. Dr. Kenneth was standing his back towards us. Is this all normal? I mean in our world also, its no doubt that I lived in a bubble, so does this sort of things happen there also? I shook my head and got rid of these thoughts. Dad left me and went towards Dr. Kenneth, "I still love her man, I am sorry." He said. Dr. Just nodded his head and turned towards me.

"I want to speak to you, alone. Come." He said and guided me to a more isolated place. "Philip's health condition is not bad. Basically he is a healthy person...but...he is not motivated enough." I could see he was finding it difficult to talk. I went near him and kept my hand in his shoulder, "I tried moving on you know..." he broke down, a part of my heart clenched. Seeing a man cry was not something I had seen, except when my Grandpa died, Dad cried like a baby, but that was different. "I couldn't..I still love him..just the same..." he said and then quickly composed himself. I felt pity, pure pity but kept quite. I couldn't find words to comfort him.

"So I believe that's why he is becoming weak. He has no wish to live only, if he takes medicine a properly, for his health and at how minor stage the disease is he can easily recover. But the thing is he doesn't wish to live, he wants to go to Rose..." I could sense jealousy in his voice but kept quite. We took his leave and reached home. Dad was happy I visited him, I discovered he was still sickly in love with Xander's Mom. "Come I will show you a tour around the house" he said when I praised how beautiful his home was. He bragged, bragged and bragged some more. But this time, I could see why he did that.

He did that as a means of praise and love he had towards his better half. I felt bad for him and didn't get idea, how to motivate him to live. He was so attached to Rose. I was also attached to my world but I learnt, I got a reason to live, Xander and with him a whole new world opened up for me. He must also get a reason to live....but what....idea, "hmm....dad...I wanted to tell my decision to you." I said. He gave me a quizzical look but I continued looking at Rose's picture admiring her beauty but most of all her kindness. Her face had so much love and compassion. She was happy. And Xander..he was so small...I blushed a little...only God can tell how he had managed to creep into my heart...

only God can tell how he had managed to creep into my heart

"I will name our first girl child Rose...." Dad looked speechless. "I am sure she is gonna be your favourite grandchild." I said. I knew this was too early but I found only this way to motivate him. He nodded after recovering a bit, "I will spoil all my Grandchildren till they rot." He said looking admiring at the pic of his long gone wife and his only child who had with time grew distant from him. "Hmm...not so much." I said mocking strictest face I could bring and folding my arms. I looked at him and we both laughed. "I need to take medicines now and also a little rest. You also rest in Alex's room, we will meet at 7 for dinner, Alex will be back by then." I nodded and let a maid guide me to his room. I was satisfied mission accomplished. But I really wanna know more about Rose, her death and Xander's past....something tells me...its more than what can meet my eyes...

A.N:-
Hello lovelies! How do you like the chapter? Missing Xander? Is she right? Please leave your thoughts, likes or dislike in the comments.

Please vote. Thank you!