35. I belong with you.

Violeta's POV.

As soon as I entered the fancy looking hospital,  I found Jenny.  She walked towards me,  "Ah,  Lavs,  you're finally here. Go and meet him. " She said in one breath.  I smiled at her. How kind is she!! "Sit." I pulled her to a nearby chair and made her sit.  "Here" I offered her a little bit of water.  She took it and sipped.  "How can I meet him? He is in coma, right?" I asked reminding  her of his condition.  She suddenly gulped and looked guilty,  "Lavsss.." she said stressing on S and stood up,  with a swift smile she started running out,  "Wait. "I yelled.  "I was lying,  go meet him.  I have a date." She said and ran away.

Oh God!!  Was I thinking right,  when I said she was Kind. She is so mean!!  I even fought with Xander,  believing her. Oh my poor Xander!! But coming to think of it... She is not wrong.  After all he was Lavender's boyfriend and she doesn't know I am not Lavender.  Oh no!  Even he doesn't know I am not Lavender.  But what kind of friend  is Jenny,  she didn't even bother asking me,  why on Earth that I, that is Lavender in her point of view suddenly decided to marry,  that to someone else.  I shook my head with confusion and after much enquiry and searching reached to his room.

He looked like he was sleeping but as soon as I sat down,  he opened his eyes.  "Lava baby,  you are here. " he said.  Oh God!!  Now what am I supposed to do?  Tell him the truth?  No I can't, not now,  I will tell him once he feels better. Then can I act as Lavender?  No... That will be worse, he behaves too sensually. Then what should I do?  I forced a smile on my face. I will behave as a friend.  "Theo,  you are up,  shall I get you some water?" I asked getting up.  "Yeah,  get me some. And don't worry, it's just a minor injury,  doctor said I will be okay if I take rest for 2-3 days,  I will be discharged tomorrow  evening. " He said smiling. I smiled back and handed him,  his cup of water. "Now, I am relieved." I said  looking at his handsome  face. 

Man!!  He was a lot more handsome in real life. He looked like a through gentleman. "Baby,  stop staring at me,  I am all yours.  First things first tell me,  how you got into all these. And is that Xander,  gone mad? " He asked.  Suddenly all his attractive looks seemed to diminish. "No,  why would you say that? " I snapped and immediately  regretted, not only because I can't tell him now but because his expression was scary.  He took my hand and pulled me towards him,  I fell on his chest.

But before I could react I heard the door opened and Xander came in. He stood there frozen.  Oh Good God!!  I don't think now any one can save me from this situation.  I tried standing up, instead the clumsy me,  I again fell on him and he chuckled. Xander came towards me and yanked me holding my arms, ever so tightly. But even Theo didn't give up, he kept his hold on my wrist still.  They had an eye lock and it felt like they will kill each other. Xander started pulling me and Theo wasn't prepared to leave me either. It looked like two lions fighting for their prey. Both failed to realise that they are hurting  me.

Tears started flowing from my eyes.  Why did all this ever happen to me. Theo is a good man,  why should he lose his girlfriend but Xander was the one,  who knew me,  the real me.  I belong with him. I gently looked at Theo. "I can't stay here for the night. I will visit you tomorrow.  Take care,  I am going to see my parents. I care for you.  Bye. " I said softly to him and pulled myself from both of them and went out. Xander immediately  followed me and I thought he was going to shout at me.

But he just pulled me in a kiss.  I tried escaping as there were  a lot of people but failed. He kissed me till I was breathless  and finally left me. I was getting weird looks from people for breathing dramatically  but I didn't care,  life is more important. But all the while Xander stood there cool as a cucumber. As soon as I regained my composure I took his hand and rushed towards his car. 

After we settled and he started driving I slowly explained him.  "Xander,  he sees me as Lavender,  If I would have gone with you,  he would have been heartbroken.  I have certain responsibilities of Lavender's  too.  I have to settle old scores before starting my life over here. " I said with sorrow,  remembering my good old life. "I understand. " he said.  I almost yelped in joy,  Xander being understanding is no less than a miracle.

"But, I have a question,  if you are really to choose,  why didn't you choose him.  Why chose me?  Not that now I give you a option to back out but still,  why?  He is even your crush.. It would have been like a dream for you. " He asked ever so thoughtfully.  "You are thinking too much,  Xander. I love you." I said and took his hand and kissed it. I felt shy but I wanted to express my love.

He gently touched my cheeks.  "You are so cute.... So beautiful, my Love.  But I really want to know,  please tell." "Hmm...... You love me. Theo loves me thinking I am the wild Lavender.  The brave and bold one,  but you know,  how I am. In short you both love me.  But you love me,  knowing its me Violeta and he thinks he loves me,  because in reality he doesn't know that I am not what he thinks me to be. So I belong with you.  That's what I feel. Confusing?" I completed with the question as I said so much. He negatively shook his head and gave me a warm smile. "I love you,  Violeta." He said with such genuine sincerity that I could feel it.

Please Vote and Comment.