34. Misunderstanding

This chapter is dedicated to pinakijha.

Alexander's POV.

The wedding preparations were painfully slow. But Violeta seemed to have all the patience in the Solar System. She even told me to relax and she continued with the rest of the things. So now I was looking at the wedding guest list. I just have to finalise my friends and the business clients and colleagues. The family, relatives and acquaintances of my side and all were Dad's responsibly. Now we had to approach Lavender's parents for their help. I am not sure if they will find out a difference in their daughter or not. Maybe not, they weren't that close. But his brother would, if I give them a chance to talk. Plus Lavendar had a tough time with her brother due to his girlfriend. Yeah!! That's what the detective told, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

"Xander...." Violata whinned. Now what have I done? I even let her decide the rest of the things and told Ava to let us decide and not intervene. "What happened Darling?" I asked as lovingly as possible. She is as demanding as I am. "The thing is that, we haven't informed my parents.." She stopped, her eyes became teary. "I...I..mean.." She stammered. "Violeta.." I whispered and pulled her in a hug. "Its okay....I was going to call Lavendar's parents now anyway, asking if we can go to their place for dinner. You can meet them and we will discuss this and hand over to them, a little responsibility of guest list." I said.

"Come, let's shoot." I said to lighten her mood. She looked confused but. "Shoot, what?" She asked. "The invitation, what else?" I stated the obvious. Oh God!! Don't tell me. They don't have the system of inviting people also to the weddings. "Actually, here the invitation is shot. The bride and groom, sometimes even their parents all invite the guests by shooting a video and it is sent through a box. Got?" I asked. She nodded rolling her eyes. " Everything is filled with extra drama over here." She said and chuckled. I shook my head, what is there of drama in this? This girl!! But I didn't argue. Never argue with your wife. I remembered my dad's teaching.

Once we were done with all of these, I excused myself and went to call Lavendar's parents. They had safely arrived and were very happy to know of our marriage. Poor them!! They didn't know only what happened to their daughter. Nevertheless, they only have got a better replacement. As I walked back to Violeta, she looked tensed. "Xander, Theo..." She said and closed her eyes a moment before opening, "I mean...Lavendar's boyfriend..is in hospital. You remember of the accident that Ava mentioned, it was him. He followed us here. And now I have to go to see him. Jenny called. He is mumbling Lavendar's name." She said and started walking.

I caught her hand and turned her towards me. I could see genuine concern in her eyes. My blood started boiling. I kissed her. I didn't care if we were in the street and that media could come. At the moment, the most I wanted to do was make her realize, whom she belonged to, and I couldn't find a better way. She pulled back. "Xander, what are you doing?" She asked. "We need to go." "No" I said seriously.

"Xander, try and understand, the most a patient needs is motivation. If I will be there, then he will think, its Lavender and try and strive for his life. Once everything is normal, I will tell him all the truth. Try and understand love.." She said cupping my cheeks, though I loved her actions and her last words but I didn't see why she cared so much for that bastard, maybe because he looked like her crush. Dammit! He is not that handsome. "Why do you care so much? Because you love his looks?" I asked enraged.

She took a step back and I could see she was crying before I could tell something she started speaking. "Xander, what do you think of me? Characterless? I love you and only you." She said pointing towards me. "Why will I care for his looks? But yes I do care firstly because he is a human and secondly because he is there today because of something that happened and I was involved in it. Xander you are not getting it, I can replace Lavendar, I can be a daughter to her parents, a sister to her brother and a friend to her friend but in Theo...I mean in Jackson's life..I can't replace her. So he deserves to know. And I am really tired of you and the way you are treating me. I am leaving now. If you want come to the Lifeline hospital." She said and left.

I turned around and kicked the wall. Ouch! It hurt. She is right. He has to know. Otherwise he will go around defaming her. But why does she care so much, though her explanation is valid, I am feeling jealous. I don't want to go there to the damn hospital. But I better go. We need to go to her parent's place also.

As I was trying to leave I got a call. It was Mr. Chan. "Hello Mr. Walker. Your place is set. Should I order dinner?" He asked. Oh God!! How can I forget. I was going to propose her today. "Hmm...no need...just get the best wine and also make sure that some fancy desert is available." I said. "That will be done sir. Anything else?" He asked in a professional tone. "No. That will be it." I said in a Hurry and hung up. And started for the hospital.

Violeta's POV.

As I was travelling in a Taxi, I couldn't stop my tears. As much as perfect Xander looked, he isn't. If he would have been in my world, he would have been my role model. Ava narrated to me, how he was the best when it came to business, my possible major, if all this wouldn't have happened. He is also a very intelligent person. And Ava also told me how he always excelled in academics. But I guess some people are like that. I didn't wanted to be with him, I wanted to be like him.

He doubts me. He is so possessive and jealous. He is also controlling and dominating to no end. He doesn't understand, the value of a life and a small thing or gesture can save life. Like a little glimpse of what his future, could look like, with his grandchildren made dad want to live. But this man!! He is ruthless. He decided, he wants me, then it is it. I have no say. He decided the wedding date. I still remember how he got bored and I had to snatch that opportunity and get my say in my own wedding. He even told Ava to keep to herself and let me decide. He is good that way. He doesn't let anyone hurt me but himself does that. This is not done. He wants to marry me, but didn't even propose, anyways what is the use? Even if he proposes, I have only one option, to say yes. I decided not to cry anymore and head to see a man, who seemed opposite of Xander, more sensitive.

A.N:-
Hello friends!! Sorry for the delayed update. I was caught up in.....umm...well something. Anyway..tell me how you like this chapter. Please vote and comment. Thanks!! And yeah, if possible please share this story.