19. You complete me.

This chapter is dedicated to NickW2007.

Violeta's POV

Mr. Walker nodded his head sadly, "Yes" he said. God!! He is thinking I am shocked learning that he has Neme, but I was asking cause I don't know what is Neme. What to do? He looks sad. So it must be something bad. Maybe its like share market. Yup!! His business must have been down. I was thinking for something soothing to say, when he said, "Don't let Xander know." I was going to contradict when Xander arrived, he took his seat and looked extremely pleased.

They again resumed their business talk and from what I could comprehend, Xander knew nothing of Neme and the loss they will be facing. I kept quite, I can't break Mr. Walker's trust. But am I even right? Is Neme really a loss in something like share market? But what else can disturb Mr. Walker? Oh God!! Let it not be something I am thinking.....disease?? Neme could be a disease?? And ya...it has to be that. Oh no.....I was snapped out of my thoughts when Xander was waving his hands before me.

"Where are you lost? And how on Solar system, did you convince Dad?" He sounded so cheerful, but solar system?? Whatever. I smiled, even Mr. Walker looked happy. But the uneasiness that settled in my heart disturbed me. I couldn't stop myself from remembering Althea, my friend. She died of Cancer. Was Neme something like Cancer of this universe? My thoughts were eating me. I glanced at Mr. Walker, he didn't look weak like Althea, sure I am imagining things. I shook my head to get rid of unwanted thoughts. Once our desert was over, Mr. Walker walked us out to the door and what he did next left me shocked. He hugged me, I hugged him back. I was missing dad, right there at that moment.

"Take care, dad we will meet soon, at the evening party." I said remembering Xander's words. He froze and I came back beside Xander. He also looked shocked. They both curtly nodded at each other and then Xander took my hand in his and we sat in car and drove away. I had to ask him, what Neme is? But how? He will ask me, how I knew this word and he would  know everything. My heart was thumping, it was wrong to keep him in dark. I can't do that to him. God!!

My thoughts came to a halt when I felt him take my hand again. I looked at him, but his eyes were focused on the road. He slowly took my hand to his lips and kissed it softly. My cheeks burned and my body was tingly. I tugged at my hand to take it back, but his grip was very firm. He started caressing my hand with his thumb and placed it in his thigh. God!! I felt very awkward but his words made me realise that it wasn't one of his romantic endeavors but a genuine token of affection.

"Dad is so pleased with you. He didn't like Lavendar, but he likes you so much. He is my only family and you are going to be my family. I am so happy you get along. You complete me." He turned to look at me for a moment and then his eyes were again fixed on road. I couldn't stop my tears, not anymore. I was so worried. What the hell is this Neme? And keeping this from Xander is the worst sin? He loves me so much. He is the only one who knows me, Violata. I can't do this with him. But Dad? I had already lost one Dad, I can't afford to lose another. And losing his trust. No, no, no way I can't do that.

I silently looked out of window, so Xander won't see my tears. I saw a board over there, it said 'donate for Neme patients, your small help can not only save, but change lives'. Yaa. With this I can ask. "Xander what is Neme?" I asked pushing aside my worst fear and displaying forward my best act of normalcy. "You don't know, what Neme is?" He asked. "No, is that not why I am asking you. Do I look like a fool?" I asked impatience enveloping me. He looked surprised, we had reached the gate of the mansion. He didn't speak and that made me guilty. He parked the car and got out of it and started walking away.

Oh no!! I ran after him. "Sorry Xander" I yelled as he was walking very fast. I ran after him, till we reached our room. My eyes started watering. He was the most important for me, at least in current situations. It was my mistake. I shouldn't have snapped at him. I was taken aback when as soon as I entered he pinned me to the wall. His eyes were blazing. If I was fearing earlier, then I didn't know what this was. His anger was crystal clear.

I started crying. I can take everything, but not his anger. Also this sorrow was too much, and now was added to the pain of losing my people, my world and most of all Neme, the word that scared me, so much so that it caused physical pain. "Sorry Xander" I said softly. His eyes seemed to soften. He kissed my cheeks, forehead, jaw, eyes, basically all my face except for lips. I didn't know what to say or do, if my heart was in pain and my brain numb, my body was on fire. The way he kissed me, made me feel something strange. "Its okay, Lavendar's nature is rubbing in to you. You need to fight it. And next time if you behave like this, you will be punished" he said playfully.

I nodded. Should I ask again? The ad that I saw clearly showed it was a disease. God!! Hey wait. Why to ask, when I can Google. Perfect then. But will Google be available here. Hmm....maybe yes, or no. I think that I can ask him but, for that we need to stop this staring competition and he needs to release me. "Leave me Xander" I said softly, I didn't want to sound like I am ordering or something. He shook his head and burried his head in my neck. I shivered, when he kissed me. I am in a mess now.

A.N:-
Hello friends!! Hmm....so what is Neme? What do you think? And do you like this chapter? Guys please vote and comment. I know I am not updating very fast, but I am giving this my very best. And your support, is what keeps me going, so thank you!!