22. Pregnant?

This chapter is dedicated to antisocial_butterfly.

Alexander's POV.

Her assurance gave me infinite peace. Her in my arms, was the best feel ever. Then Dad started speaking, I broke the hug but held her close. I saw Aaron staring at her, I smirked. Bloody Idiot, trying to flirt with my wife.....geez......anyway she was going to be in a few days. I didn't want to force her but I am scared with all those morons like Aaron and Jackson. Also I was scared she will be mad at me, if she finds the truth. I could feel her gaze on me.

So when I turned, I asked her, "What? Are you still mad about the wedding, because if you are, I am still not changing my decision." Though she didn't look mad, she looked weak, in a whisper she asked her eyes set on Dad, "Where is Lavendar's family?" I was taken aback, she cared about them. In a flash I remembered how all of a sudden dad had grown fond of her, when he had no liking towards Lavendar. Maybe the people at the research center were right, she fits here. "They aren't here yet, they are on a vacation, her parents I mean. But her brother and his fiance should have been here, we will need to search."

She nodded her head and came more close to me. I froze. She had never initiated anything between us, but this felt nice. Then Dad finally announced, "Happy New Millennium." I slowly took her face in my hand and kissed her. Her eyes were closed and I felt her lean on more and more into me. At one point I felt that she was completely standing on my support. When I broke the kiss, it was only then that I realised she was unconscious.

I was very scared. "Love, love.....darling wake up" I said scared....very scared. Dad immediately came with a glass of water and sprinkled it, in her face but it had no effect. He then touched her forehead and gasped. He was grinding his teeth when he asked in just a whisper, "You were holding her the entire time, kissing her even, were you so lost that you didn't know she is burning." I honestly didn't, I just shook my head and lifted her fragile frame in my hand and said, "I will take her to hospital, you can continue the party." Dad nodded, he couldn't come with me with so many guests at our place.

Just when I was about to step out I heard a high pitched voice, "Hey, she could be pregnant." And I saw a gorgeous woman running towards us and behind her was Steve. She must be his girlfriend. But then her words registered, she could be pregnant. She was grinning and Steve looked unhappy. Obviously, he didn't like the idea of his sister pregnant before marriage. "Its....its....nothing...like that." I said and quickly rushed out.

But the words affected me. Lavendar was definitely right, she was certainly a bitch. I was about to start the car, when Aaron came running, "You fucking bastard, you already dragged her to your fucking bed." He shouted. I tried to get into the car, ignoring him, when he also started getting into the car. "Why the fuck are you getting in?" I barked. "Its better if you take me with you to research center." He said. "I am not going there, I am going to hospital for God's sake get out." I said. "Go there, only it can help her." He said and I reluctantly accepted.

She made me weak. When I got into car and was about to drive she mumbled something, I went near her and gently patted her cheek. "Baby, darling....what is it..?" Her fever was still so high. "I.....Am  I... Pregnant.....with Lavendar's and your child?" She asked, her eyes continuously watering. "Calm down love, calm down." I said, she drifted to unconsciousness again.

"Bastard, you slept with Lavendar and now she has to carry your baby, you are the worst thing that has happened to her." He said. "Shut up." I said and started driving, but that son of a bitch didn't stop his accusations. "She hasn't even had gotten laid yet and you, because of you she is in this situation. I also like her but I agreed to..." I stared at him through rare mirror and he stopped. But he was right.

There are great chances that, if at all she is pregnant, this child isn't mine. She had a boyfriend for heaven's sake. God!! Help me. We have not even spent more than 2 days together, it's not fair. When we reached the research center, I got out picked her and said Aaron to park the car. In the research center Ms. Hollis was the only one present. I immediately told her about the situation. "It's normal and no she can't be pregnant, its not possible because she was tested on all this stuff just today morning. In fact it will take at least a month for her body to adjust to our universe and respond. She won't even get her monthly dues, so relax." She said after checking Violeta thoroughly. I sighed. We both were out of a very bad situation. Just missed a very painful encounter. "Can I see her?" I asked after relaxing.

Ms. Hollis nodded and added, "Now she is stuck here, so don't tell her its because of you, this will create unnecessary trouble." I nodded. "And it looks like she is in stress, please be patient with her. And collect some vitamins from a local physician tomorrow, so her health can be balanced." She said and  left.

I immediately rushed to her. It felt like heaven to see her smile. "I am not pregnant." She said smiling. I nodded and pulled her in a bone crushing hug. "I was so scared." I said. "But now its all fine, relax." She said hugging me back.

A.N:-
Hello beautiful people!! To much swearing? And what a twist was up? But I didn't want to drag it unnecessarily. Tell me how you guys feel about the way story is proceeding. And please vote and comment. Thank you.