3

Making a new friend!

To say that he was arrogant would be an understatement of the year. He was self-centered and fired workers even for the smallest of mistakes— like a sneeze during a meeting. I don't understand why all the CEO's have to be so cliché? Why do they have to be all arrogant and egoistic, can't they be kind and caring?

Or was I just in bad luck?

After handing him his coffee, I realised I didn't know what to do. Should I stand there and wait for his next order or should I go outside and then wait for his next order? I had no idea how this PA thing worked. All I knew was that PAs have to fetch coffee for the boss, stay by their side and work more than others and if that would be the case then I would be handing in my resignation letter sooner than ever as it would mean no time to take care of Sam.

The opportunity was good, but the timing was bad.

Today, Matt was there for him, but from tomorrow, his job was going to start and as for Matt's idea of bringing in Sam with me, I didn't think Mr. Steele would allow. He as it was, walked around with an I -am -angry -don't -piss -me -off attitude and I didn't want to be his next target as I don't really do well with scoldings.

I had never been scolded in my entire life other than 'don't steal a cookie' scold from my mom. At school also, I was a golden child, whom other children made fun of for completing their work on time and being a teacher's puppet, but that was nothing to be embarrassed of because at the end of the day, those good remarks and good grades would help you succeed in life.

Now, back to reality. What should I do? In case you were wondering, I was still standing in front of my boss, who was working on his laptop and hadn't even spared me a glance since accepting his coffee. Is this how the PA thing worked? Where you stand till they give you something to do? Somebody at least give me a small hint!

After standing there for few more minutes, he finally spoke, "Fax this files and be quick because I don't tolerate lazy employees, especially my PA." With that said, he went back to his work and I walked out of his office.

"Hey Cathie, do you know where is the fax machine?" I asked, politely.

"Of course! It's on the thirty ninth floor." I gave her a last polite smile and got into the elevator, pressing the thirty ninth numbered button. Seriously, why does this company have so many floors? On top of that, how can they even remember which work is done on what floor?

My small brain could never.

After reaching the floor I had to ask many people for the directions towards the fax room. At last I was able to locate and quickly faxed all the files which took me good thirty minutes and let us all emphasize on the word files because there were about fifteen files and all of them were thick.

Holding all the files at once because honestly, it's a very difficult task to do, I turned around and collided with a body. I fell with an 'oomph' and let out a small 'Ouch'. All of the files were scattered on the floor and I sighed looking at them.

This is going to take long.

"I am so sorry! I was just in a hurry and I didn't see you, I know you must be thinking that can't you see a human standing there, but seriously, I didn't and- Oh my gosh! How silly of me! Here, take my hand." I realized that I was still sitting on the floor, so I embarrassingly took his hand and got up. I began to grab all the files quickly because I didn't want to see Mr. Steele angry. He helped me get all my files and held half of them.