19

Double update because someone, ahem, MucoGracia has a grudge against me for not updating daily.
•••••••

Unfolding the mystery!

It was a usual happy Friday evening where everyone had those huge smiles on their faces because they get the weekend off and get to spend some quality time with their loved ones.

There was still a good amount of time left, around two hours and I was just completing my assigned work when I heard a knock on my door. I knitted my eyebrows and stared at the door because what I've learnt from my experience was Cathie and Luke have never learnt what knocking was and Mr. Steele always knock twice.

"Come in."

The door flew open and entered my baby boy with Matt trailing behind. At first, I just blinked, processing everything, but on hearing my baby calling me mwumma, I stood from the chair and ran towards him.

"Sammy! What are you doing here?" I kissed his forehead and he grinned happily.

I looked at Matt who had plopped himself on the chair, rather comfortably might I add with his legs on the desk. I raised my eyebrows at him and he just winked at me, making me smile.

"It's not like I am not happy on seeing you guys here, but what are you guys doing here?" I asked, as I made Sam sit on one of the chairs.

"I finished early and Sam was bored outta his mind, so I thought why not go and explore your office." He explained.

"It's good that Mr. Steele isn't here or else he would have thrown a tantrum." I said, making him laugh.

"There's nothing to laugh about!"

"Learn to take risk, babygirl." I rolled my eyes and continued doing my work.

Not even five minutes later, I heard Matt groan. I looked up from the screen and saw him giving me a bored look. I raised my eyebrows at him and he groaned again.

"What?" I asked.

"You are so boring!" He whined.

"As far as I recall, I am here to work and not entertain uninvited people." Now, it was his turn to raise the eyebrows and look at me skeptically.

"From where did you learn this?" He asked, staring intently at me.

"Learn what?"

"This. Answering back."

"Cathie's and Luke's fights teaches me a lot!" I said, making both of us laugh.

"Mwumma."

I looked at Sam who was looking at me giving those puppy eyes and I was very sure he needed something.

"Yes, baby?"

"Shammy hungwy." He motioned his hand on his stomach, making me giggle. I looked at Matt who raised his hands up in the air and said, "I know, I know, I will take him out."

I gave Sam a kiss on the cheek and bid both of them goodbye. Just before leaving Matt popped his head inside the door and said, "We will see you at home."

~

"Finally!" I spoke to myself looking at all the completed files before me. I stood up from the chair and stretched my body yawning slightly.

It took me longer than I thought it would as it was already half past five. The office was almost empty by now and the only sound that could be heard was of my beating heart.

Twenty three and I was still afraid of being alone.

And by being alone, I mean ghosts.

I pressed the elevator button and waited for it to come. While I was waiting, I heard the sound of two people shouting and for some reason the voices sounded very much familiar. Curiosity got the best of me and I took the stairs, following the voice.

My heels clacked against the floor as I climbed down. With each step I took, the voices started getting more and more louder. By the time I reached the last step, I was almost sure as to whom that voices belonged to.

"You are a fucking jerk!"

"Whom you willingly fucked three months back."

"I was drunk!"

"No one gets drunk on their second drink!"

"Only if I could run back to that time." She whispered.

"What would you have done?" He whispered back, stepping closer.

"I wouldn't have let Bob inside of me."

And that was it!

He pushed her against the wall and kissed her with everything he had. Looking at them, moaning and groaning and fisting each other's hairs and getting wild made me quickly turn my back.

"Even today, you can't resist me." He said and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I was still turned back, when I asked, "Erm, are you, uh, both done?"

"Sienna!" Both of them exclaimed in shock and I turned around with a flushed face.

Cathie was still pushed against the wall and Luke was still hovering over her. Once, they noticed in what situation they both were in, they quickly pulled their bodies away and looked anywhere but each other.

"How much did you hear?" Luke asked, ruffling his hairs.

"Pretty much everything." I spoke, looking at them with guilt in my voice. It was totally not my intention to interrupt them, but when curiosity gets the best of you, you tend to do something which you never actually wanted to.

"Looks like we owe you an explanation." Cathie spoke, making me nod my head.

"As you know, it all started three months back when we both were in a party—"

"And she couldn't take her eyes off of my beautiful face." Luke interrupted.

"Oh, puhlease! It was more like you stripping me naked with your eyes!"

"But obviously, you liked it more when I stripped you naked with my hands." He said with a wink as she punched him, making him smirk.

"Shut up, jerk!"

"I would like it more if you would shut me up."

And that's how ladies and gentlemen, I spent my evening with Cathie trying to explain everything and Luke being Luke interrupting her.

••••••••

New update is finally here!

How'd you guys like it?