21

Creating misunderstandings!

•••

I quickly pushed Matt off me and stood up adjusting my clothes followed by Matt. Anger was clearly visible on Mr. Steele's face and I was trying really hard to keep a straight face and not show any sign of nervousness.

"What are you doing here?" I asked after gaining enough courage to break the awkwardness in the room.

"I texted you last night."

That text!

How can I forget his text?!

"You forgot, didn't you?" He asked, looking at my guilty face and I didn't want anything more than bury myself looking at the stare he was giving me. I felt like he was looking straight into my soul to dig out all the answers.

The room was eerily silent. All that could be heard was my heavy breathing. It felt like the clock has suddenly stopped ticking. With each passing second, the nervousness in my body grew and there was nothing that I could do to ease this nervousness except for sending Mr. Steele out, but that was next to impossible.

"Erm, babe, I'll just go and clean both of us." He said, pointing towards Sam and I nodded my head not trusting my voice.

Once he left with Sam, I looked at Mr. Steele who was giving me the intense look.

"Aren't you going to offer me something to drink?" He asked, casually.

"I-I am so sorry! Please come inside and have a seat. I'll get you coffee real quick." I spoke, frantically and rushed towards kitchen to make coffee for him.

Once I was done, I pour it into a cup and walked towards him.

"Erm, coffee." I spoke and he gave me that look, again.

"Who told you I wanted coffee?"

My eyes widened on his question and I felt like slapping myself for assuming that he would want coffee. My brain was so trained on giving him coffee so much that I didn't even think of asking him if he would like something else.

Good going, Sienna.

"I, erm, You-"

He chuckled at my nervousness and brought his hand further asking for the cup. He purposely touched my fingers as I was handing him the coffee sending shivers down my spine. I was so grateful to God for not spilling the coffee all over him.

"Sit."

I obeyed.

As if I had any other choice.

"So, are you still going to lie?" He asked, sipping the coffee while giving me the intense look.

"Lie about what?" I asked, knitting my brows.

"Your marriage."

"Uh, no. I am not married." I replied, as I continued playing with my fingers.

"So, what you mean to say is you have a baby and you are staying with a man who was hovering over you not more than ten minutes ago and still you are not married?" He asked, placing the cup on the table.

"Yes."

"Why do I find it so hard to believe?" He asked, leaning closer. My breathing hitched due to the close proximity and I almost instantly leaned back. Our breaths were dancing in the air and I felt his soft lips touch mine when he spoke again, "Do you love him?"

"Yes."

His eyes turned dark and he brought my face even closer by fisting my hair and pulling me towards him. Butterflies started fluttering in my stomach and my heartbeats went wild.