37

Our son?!

"I am going to kill that son of a bitch!" Matt hollered angrily and closed his fist making his knuckles crack.

"For that you need to walk properly." The doctor spoke, amusement written all over his face. If only he knew how serious our situation was right now!

"He is right, you need to rest. You have been shot. We will go and bring Sam, don't worry." I assured him, giving his shoulder a light squeeze. His eyes were radiating with fire and his knuckles had turned white. I gently stroke my fingers over his knuckles and he loosened his fist as I passed him a small smile.

"Like the fuck you both will go alone! I am coming with you guys and that's final." A sense of finalisation was in his tone, but he needed to rest. He had already lost a lot of blood and I was not going to risk his health more than it already has been.

"No, you're not and that's final. You will not move an inch until the doctor tells you so." Mr. Steele's words and his face gave the tone of finalisation, loud and clear. He had been standing there, hearing us bicker back and forth past five minutes, but I guess now it was high time for him.

"You are no one to order me around. I will come with you guys and look for champ myself." He then turned his head towards me and begged me with his pleaded eyes, "Please, Enna, don't stop me, I promise I won't get down from this bed for as long as you ask me to after we find champ, just let me come this time, Enna or I'll lose it."

"Okay." I managed to whisper between the sob that was about to escape. He still thinks it was his fault, I could see the guilt in his eyes. I could not stop him, not when he looked so stressed and worried, guilty and sad, losing it and out of his mind.

"Let's go." Mr. Steele spoke from beside me and we nodded our heads before following him out of the hospital and to his car.

The entire ride to wherever he was taking us was filled with silence, different turmoil of emotions filled in each one of us. Matt was sitting in the backseat of the car with his hands clamped tightly. He was impatiently tapping his feet ready to throw punches at him.

Mr. Steele on the other side was driving rashly and as much as he was trying to portrait a calm demeanor, I could see the anger radiating through his eyes. He had the steering wheel held tightly and was breaking all the speed limits without a care.

I, on the other side was trying to control my sobs and tears. My baby was in danger and I had no idea what they were doing to him or going to do to him. I was scared to the bones to say the least. I didn't know that he will stoop this low just to get his revenge on us. How can someone be so cruel? So heartless? So stone hearted?

Police was already informed of his whereabouts and they were already on their way, but I was sure that we would reach faster than them because we were breaking all the laws and at this moment, I didn't mind it a bit. All I wanted was my baby in my arms, I wanted to see his smile, I wanted to hear it from him that he was okay.

Soon enough, the car halted and my eyes started getting watery. This place was a dump and it reeked of alcohol and drugs. There was a small cottage a few feet away from where we were parked and a tall, built man was guarding the door. I rubbed my eyes furiously and got out of the car, ready to make a run for my baby when a hand clasped around my wrist holding me back.

I looked in his dark orbs and they instantly softened, "Don't cry, our son won't like it."

He did not say your son, he said our son and that did something to my heart. He was making me fall hard for him with each passing second with his kind words and gestures and I knew that moment was not far when I would completely fall for him.

Sometimes, he would just give me his breath taking smile when he would find a frown on my face or lower down my work when he would sense the tiredness in my tone. Past few days, he had started showing more affection towards me, like he would come in my cabin, give me a kiss on forehead, look affectionately at me and walk away after giving me a small peck on the lips.

It was getting hard for me to control myself around him and to be honest, I was not backing up myself. For the first time ever, I was letting my emotions towards a guy go with the flow, I wanted to have a taste of what a real relationship feels like, I wanted to experience it.

"Come on." He said, holding my hand and I nodded my head along with Matt, as we started walking towards the cottage.

The man who was guarding the door, zeroed his eyes at us and growled angrily before pointing his gun towards us, "Where the fuck do you all think you are going?"

I stopped in my tracks looking at him in fear. Matt pushed me behind him and fisted his hand ready to lunge at him. I put my hand on his shoulder and whispered, "He has a gun."

"And I have my fist."

"He is tall and built."

"I have got better biceps than him." And before the man could press the trigger or give us warnings, Matt threw a strong punch on his face, knocking him down effectively and making my lips part in shock.

"H-How?" I stuttered.

"Muscles, baby, muscles."

•••••••

I know I update late and I also know that you guys hate me for it, but I can't do anything about it

I know I update late and I also know that you guys hate me for it, but I can't do anything about it. Yes, writing is my passion, but I am doing my masters and few extra courses along with it. Please try and understand that it's a tough job for me and bear me.

Thank you for showing so much love and support, we are so close to 300K.

Kindly, share this story with your friends and press that cute little star in the bottom.

Love you all ❤️❤️❤️