25

Beating him to death!

Have you ever wondered what the scenario might have been if your answer would have been any different? What if you would have said no to your partner when he proposed to you? What would have happened if you would have chosen a different field? Would you be happy or are you satisfied with where you stood right now?

To me, it would have not been anything happy like all roses and rainbows, but it also wouldn't have been all bloods and tears. Maybe, just maybe my different answer wouldn't had him beating Mr. Allerton to death. Maybe, then I wouldn't have been standing here screaming on top of my lungs and maybe, the police officers wouldn't had to pull him away from him.

My voice was hoarse from screaming so loudly, my eyes were tired of crying for so long and all the energy in me had drained. I saw him as he punch him, one after the another. He didn't stop even when he fell on the ground, unconscious as blood started oozing out of his nose and mouth. He even gave him several deep bruises all over his face. My screams were left unheard, as he did not stop until two police officers pulled him away from top of him.

Mr. Steele's hands were covered with blood and there was fire in his eyes. Fire of anger. Why did I have to tell him the truth? Why couldn't I just lie when he asked me the truth? Now, I got him in trouble, even though I was sure he could easily get away with it, but I was the reason behind his bruised hand and high temper.

I was feeling so bad!

My legs gave away as I fell on my knees, tears running down my cheeks. The sight before me was the most unpleasant sight I had ever seen my life. As soon as he heard his name out of my mouth, he dragged me to his car and drove us to the place which had given me the worst nightmares of my life.

My heartbeat immediately picked up and my hands started to shake as we entered the elevator and when we were standing outside his door as he furiously pressed the bell, I begged him to leave this place, but he did not listen to me one bit.

Look, where it led us.

"Mr. Steele, we will need you both tomorrow at ten in the police station to get the statement." The police officer spoke, looking at him and he just nodded his head.

With that said, they walked away along with him and even though he left a scar on my life, I felt bad for him. Mr. Steele had made sure to beat him till his face won't be recognised by anyone.

Atleast for now, that is.

Once they were gone, my eyes met him and his angry gaze instantly softened. He walked towards me and sat on his knees across me, as he rubbed away the tears from my eyes and traced his finger on my cheek. My heart picked up it's pace by just his touch which was something magical.

"Are you okay?" I asked, taking his hands in mine and examining the bruises. He kept staring at me as I touched his knuckles. I saw him flinch slightly and I instantly dropped my hand, afraid that I might hurt him more.

"Let's go." He spoke and helped me stand up, only to carry me bridal style. My eyes widened in accordance as I gave him a questioning look.

"You are in no condition to walk."

With that said, he walked us towards his car and dropped me gently on the passenger seat. Soon enough, the engine started and the car roared to life. I had no idea where we were going, as my mind was busy wandering somewhere it shouldn't be. Those memories has to be deleted, the question was, how?

Fifteen minutes later, we were outside Mr. Steele's apartment and I gave him a confused look.

Why here?

Weren't we supposed to head back to office?

What about the meeting which was scheduled at two in the afternoon? It was already one.

Such thoughts clouded my mind and before I knew, we were inside his house as he walked us to his bedroom.
He tucked me to the bed and draped a duvet over my body. All these while, I remained silent, watching his each and every move. He was angry, yet was calm. He was in pain, yet he was relieved. He was hard to figure out.

"Sleep. You need rest."

He was trying to compose himself, I could see that, but why? Why did he beat him up? Why did he get so angry? Why was he acting so different? And why wasn't he treating me like his other employees?

There were so many questions, which were yet to be answered and I was pretty sure that sexual frustration was not that all. He may be attracted to me physically, but I did not think there was going to be anything else, which was a very powerful reason for me to not get involved with him.

I saw him opening a door which I supposed was the bathroom and return sometimes later with a first aid kit. He opened the kit and rummaged through the stuff, before taking out some antiseptic, cotton and bandages. He took off his jacket, followed by his shirt and as much as I tried, I couldn't avert my eyes from his muscular back. Just looking at him made my cheeks go crazy and I was glad that he was not looking at me, or else I would be drowning in embarassment.

I saw him struggle, as he tried to clean himself up and that was when I pushed the duvet away from my body as I walked towards him and kneeled across him, taking the antiseptic and cotton out of his hand.

"What are you doing up? I told you to rest." I ignored his statement and continued cleaning the bruises and he let me with no words spoken. I heard him hiss when I pressed the alcohol against his skin and I gave him an apologetic smile.

"I am sorry, it might hurt a little." I spoke and continued doing it until everything was cleaned and covered. Once I was done, I looked up to find him staring at me. My cheeks instantly turned red at the close proximity and the way he was staring at me was not helping it either. I quickly looked away and busied myself with putting all the stuff back in the kit. When I was done, he was still looking at me and this time, with a different emotion.

"What?" I finally managed to ask him and he pulled me up with a tug which made me sit on his lap.

"Can I do something?" He asked, trailing his thumb along my bottom lip, pulling it out from my teeth. His eyes started to darken as he looked at my lips and then my eyes.

"What?" I whispered, afraid that if I would speak loudly, my lips would brush against his, but he had different intentions as he pulled me closer by my waist.

"Can I kiss you?"

••••••••

What do you think is my favourite food?