24

Haven't proof read it.

~

Revealing the answers!

There's a difference between hearing a story of someone getting raped and experiencing it yourself. The story makes you sympathetic, while the experience makes you end your life. Even though I was lucky to get myself freed from his grasp, there are millions of people out there who actually becomes the victim. While reading the articles, I never really thought I'd have to go through it one day.

I could still feel his hands on my body, his disgusted lips on my skin and that evil look on his face. I rubbed my body for an hour to get the disgusted feeling off my body, but it was still there, fresh as ever. If it wouldn't have been for Matt, I'd still be in the bathroom, scrubbing my body red.

I cried for hours in his arms and he let me until I was left with no tears in my eyes. He never once complained about me ruining his favourite white shirt with my tears. He just held me and rubbed his hand up and down my  back in a soothing manner. He listened quietly when I ranted about everything from the time I stepped foot inside that restaurant and to the time, I reached home. He didn't even once stop me, just kept on listening like a good friend.

He tucked me to bed carrying me bridal style when I had no walking energy left in me, but not before shoving some food in my mouth. My appetite was lost by the time I reached home, but I could not make myself to turn him down.

He didn't force me to eat, but just the shine of hope in his eyes was enough for me to consume atleast few spoons of white creamy pasta which he made especially for me. He slept beside me, comforting me all night as the nightmares didn't let me sleep a wink.

I knew that he didn't say anything, but I also knew that he was angry and wanted to kill him really badly. He didn't show his anger before me, but by seeing his knuckles turning white, I knew that he was going to go after him and this time, I won't be able to stop him from getting into a fight.

Moments like these makes you realise that maybe, not everytime you need a lover to make you feel good, maybe your best friend is qualified best for that job.

The next day I looked dead with heavy bags under my eyes and no extra makeup other than concealer and lip balm. I went to the office with head down and mind flooded with last night's event. I had no control over my body as my brain was busy replaying the scene again and again. I still couldn't get over the fact that he tried to rape me. Just the thought of it was enough for me to lock myself inside my room and never come back.

I wanted to just stay in bed all day and not go anywhere, but when Sam asked me in the most cutest voice as to why did I look like someone stole my candy, I couldn't help but smile and get off the bed and face the world, just for the sake of him.

I had to be strong for him.

"What the fuck is this?!" Mr. Steele's angry voice brought me out of my nightmare which I didn't think was going to leave me anytime soon.

He spit the coffee on the napkin and looked angrily at me, "Ms. Collins, I believe this is the third time you have added two extra spoons of sugar in my coffee and it has not even been an hour since you came. This type of unreasonable behaviour will not be accepted. Bring your mind out of whatever it is and pay attention to your job." He scolded and I nodded my head just like the last three times.

The whole day flew by with me not being able to do even one task properly. I had mixed the finance and recruitment files, I had sent a wrong email to Mr. James, I had booked a wrong restaurant for the afternoon meeting of Mr. Steele and after the fourth coffee, Mr. Steele didn't ask for any more.

By the look on his face, I was sure he was going to fire me by the end of the day and I had no reasons to argue. I was at that point in my life, where even he would have fired me and insulted me in front of the entire staff, I wouldn't have minded because I wouldn't have heard a thing.

Cathie and Luke tried to talk to me all day, but all I could do was give them forced smiles and even they figured out that something was wrong. I felt bad for ruining their day, but even if I tried, I could not make myself forget last night's events which were haunting me like crazy.

"Love, what's wrong?" Luke asked for the umpteenth time now and I replied with what I have been replying to them all day.

"Nothing, really."

"Sienna, I can literally feel the sadness from ten floors away." Cathie added when she realised Luke's fail attempt to get the information out of me.

"It's nothing, Cathie. Trust me."

"Tell us when you are ready, we are not going to force you." Luke said and I gave him a genuine smile this time which made him grin widely.

"Did you see that?! She gave me a smile, a motherfucking smile. And she gave it to me and not you. Now, you can clearly see where you stand." He spoke, happily which made her glare at him and smack him over his head.

"Hit me as much as you can, but the facts can't be changed." He yelled and made a run for his life when he saw Cathie running after him with a heavy file in her hands. A small smile appeared on my face and at that moment, I thanked God for gifting me with such precious friends.

"Ms. Collins, in my office. Now!" The angry voice of Mr. Steele boomed across the floor and I rushed towards his office.

"Yes?" I asked, silently.

"Do you want my company to close down?" He asked, angrily.

"N-No, sir." I replied, weakly as I saw him stand up from his seat and stand before me.

"Then please do tell me why you decided to delete the company's previous financial records from the system?"

"I did?" I asked, dumbly because honestly, I had no idea as to what I did the whole day.

And then his eyes landed on something on my neck and his eyes darkened immediately. He pulled me closer and I hissed slightly when his hand touched the bruises on my wrist. The hold of Mr. Allerton was not at all gentle, it left me bruises on my wrist and ankles.

He rubbed his thumb across the bruises on my wrist and then on the side of my neck, a little below my ear. I didn't realise, he had bit me there or else I would have applied some concealer there too.

"Who did this?" He asked, in a dangerously low tone.

"N-No one." I said, trying to take my wrist off his hold, but his hold tightened, not tight enough to make me feel pain.

"Who did this, Sienna?" He asked again, his voice deathly scary, "And don't even try to deny it." He added when he saw me trying to say the same thing again. His tone had a sense of finalisation and I knew that if I won't tell him, he was going to get his answers from someone else.

"M-Mr. Allerton."

And then, the shit broke lose.

••••••••