12

Getting flustered!

"Well, erm, I—" I stuttered, forming incoherent words. I kept fidgeting with my fingers not meeting any of their gaze.

"I, you know, well— Just, erm..." I wanted to work for Mr. Steele, not because I was drawn towards him in any way, but because I liked my work, I liked the atmosphere in which I was working, I liked the friends I made there, even though I just came to know that Cathie was my friend too, but you got my point. But Matt was right too. He does overburden me with work, he doesn't treat me with respect, he treats me like an object, he thinks by paying me some cash, he can own me.

"Babe, what's your decision?" Matt asked.

"Whatever you say, Mattie." I whispered in a small tone, not looking at Mr. Steele being afraid of his reaction. H cracked his knuckles angrily, making me flinch slightly. His breathings were heavy like he was trying to control his anger.

"Okay, so maybe I might have overburdened you a little—"

"A little, right." Matt scoffed, cutting Mr. Steele's words. He looked at him with so much anger like he was about to kill him right there and then.

He snapped at him and then returned his gaze towards me. "Yes, a little. I assume you knew before you applied for the job that this job was not going to be that easy." His words were heavy and his face was still, devoid of any emotions.

"Exactly my point! She didn't even applied for this stupid job. You were the one who couldn't handle your PA and hired her without her will!" I looked at Matt and motioned him to stay quiet. I knew Mr. Steele was trying to control his temper looking at his flaring nose, dark eyes, stiff body, sharp jaw and white knuckles. Few more words from Matt and he would just punch him in the jaw. I was sure that no one would have talked to him that way ever before.

"Mr. Steele, it was great working with you, but I don't think I can work in a place where I am not given respect." Matt's mouth opened in shock and I could see a slight trace of shock on Mr. Steele's face as well. Matt gave me a wide grin appreciating my confidence and encouraged me to go on and I passed him a smile of my own.

"You think I don't respect you?" He asked, scrutinizing his eyes. It was a statement rather than a question. His voice was powerful and he was slowly walking towards me like a predator walking towards their prey.

"Mr. Smith, can you please leave us alone for a moment?" Matt was about to refuse, but left looking at my gaze.

Once he left, I realised the situation I was in. There was no Matt who can argue on behalf of me. There was only me and him. Alone. I shifted my gaze downwards, not having enough courage to look in his eyes. He quietly sat down on the tiny space of the bed. I shifted myself to gave him more space, partly because I was feeling his heat radiating through my body and his slight touch sent shivers through my spine. Also, I didn't want the heart monitor to go crazy with my fast heartbeat.

"So, you want respect." He said, looking straight in my eyes, making me feel naked and exposed. My gaze not shifting even a bit from my fingers. He purposefully adjusted himself more on the bed, his leg touching my thigh. "Look at me, Sienna." His voice demanding, making it more difficult for me to look at him.

"You do remember what happened last time when you didn't look at me, right?" A sense of déjavu suddenly hit me and my cheeks flushed red.

He put his hands on my waist pulling me closer, the only thing that was coming in between us were my hands that were on his tonned chest. There was a really unsettling feeling arising in my stomach that I have never felt before and I am sure my face looks deep red.