7

Calming the beast!

"No, Matt! I don't want to go!" I said for the umpteenth time.

"Does it look like I am asking?" He gave me his famous 'I-am-not-leaving-you-any-option' look.

"You know how much I hate them, Mattie." I slumped down on my bed and buried myself under my covers.

"Enna, I just want you to come and accompany me. It's just a party and you don't have to drink, if you don't want to. I will be by your side all night. I just want you to have some fun. Last time you went into a party was before Sam was born and now that your parents are here, let the grandson and grandparents have some bonding time."

"Fine!"

~

I really need to stop falling for Matt's innocent charms. If I wouldn't have agreed in the first place, I wouldn't be sitting in the couch, alone, in a party, in a short and by short I mean 'just enough to cover my butt short' navy blue dress with round diamond studded neck and almost no back. Let's just say, Matt has taken it upon him to get me laid tonight.

As soon as we entered, Matt dragged me to the dance floor and after dancing for almost an hour, he ditched me.

Atleast he was by my side for an hour.

My throat was getting dry, so I decided to grab a drink, non - alcoholic, ofcourse. A lot of pushing, yelling and ten minutes later, I found myself in the kitchen. The bartender gave me a wide smile and gave me a once overlook. He had sandy brown hairs and grey eyes.

"What can I get you, beautiful lady?" He winked and I laughed at his fail attempt of flirting. By the looks of him, he looked around my age.

"Anything, as long as it's not alcohol." I said, with a smile and he nodded. Few minutes later, he came back with a drink and placed it before me.

"I am Jack."

"Sienna."

Jack was a sweet guy. He was in a serious relationship with her girlfriend, Caroline. They both were sharing an apartment ten minutes away from where I live. I could see the glint of happiness in his eyes, whenever he talked about her. He truly loved her and I wish I could also find someone who would accept me with all my flaws.

Even after Matt's constant nagging, I couldn't bring myself to search for a good guy because as soon as they come to know about a child, there facial expressions show a big NO. I was happy with my life and I was not planning on changing it any time soon.

I talked with Jack for few more minutes and then decided to go outside to get some fresh air. The crowd was making it hard for me to breathe and I knew that few more minutes here and I was surely going to faint.

I didn't think I even made myself near the door when someone pulled me towards their body from behind. I turned and my body instantly relaxed on finding the familiar blue eyes of Matt.

"You scared me!"

"Sorry. Where were you going?"

"Outside. This place is making it hard for me to breathe." He nodded and interwined our fingers. We made it outside of the club together and I took a deep breath. I didn't know that I would miss oxygen this much.

"How can people like it? It's too crowded and smelly!" He just laughed at me and kiss my forehead.

"It's because you are one innocent girl who is so engrossed with her work that you forgot how to have fun."

"Then teach me how to have fun." I said and he grinned at me. I knew that look. He was planning something evil in his mind and I was going to be the victim.