Chapter 1: The Young Jing Mei

On top of the snowy village on the mountain of Wushu, a baby's cry echo's through the white valley, making the birds fly from their holding position, fluttering together in unison. That cry was me. Yes. I was reincarnated as a baby in a wuxia world.

It surprise me, I didn't know you can be reincarnated. I saw my tiny hands reaching to the sky. I saw two people, probably my parents. “My love, what should we call her?” The man in white robe asked, “Let's call her Jing Mei.” She responded happily.

Jing Mei, I was hoping to called Jing Wei but it will do, it's a nice name. I like it, I really like it!

“My love! She just smiled!” Father exclaimed

“Indeed, she's going to be a healthy baby.” Mother smiled.

6 years have passed

I could finally walk and talk, I like it here. I live in small village on top of the mountain, it's not too big or small. Everyone here has a role to play whether it's farming or hunting. If I recall Jing Mei is a minor character from a Wuxia novel called The Rising Dragon. The main protagonist is Jing Lu, my big brother, Jing Lu is a trash cultivator that will never reach warrior level but through his adventure of revenge and salvation, he became a god in the end. His thrive for revenge intensifies when the Dark sect invaded the village and killed everyone even me! This is bad! Hmmm….I should start cultivating too. I should ask big brother.

“Big brother. Big brother. Cultivate! Cultivate!” I tugged his robe to get his attention. My cute face, look at it!

“Oh! Little wei, didn't see you there.” Brother's face is sad, I know why. He got bullied again.

“Brother….sad?” I asked while tilting my head, brother made a faint smile and patted my head. “Y’know this world is cruel, once you grow up, you will find hardships. Learn my words carefully. The path you take is the path you chose, never stray from it. Always keep going.” He said.

Wow. Deep words, deep words indeed and he was still 9 years old. As of now, I’m still a child. So I’ll act like a child. I looked down, my expression of confuse surface my face “Path? Stray?”

“Hahahaha!” Big brother smiled, he lifted me up, place me on his shoulders. His my stead right now. “Haha! Go big brother! Go!” I said with a big smile on my face.

We played around for a couple of hours. I love my brother and my parents, as an orphan in my previous life, I always yearn for warmth and love of a family, nobody adopted me because I was always the silent and the talented. Even I was adopted by a family, it would be a family that will only use me for their benefit which they did. I brought their family name fame and fortune. I was so naive but now, I actually feel happy for the first time.

I didn't get to ask brother how to cultivate because my words weren't getting through to him instead I went to my dad's room and read about cultivating, there were techniques and martial arts scrolls and books. I tried reading them, I think I got the general idea. Father is an amazing man! He's a genius among genius during his youth and now. He is also caring father that doesn't care about his son being trash.

I stayed inside his room cultivating my meridians become fluent of their flows. Right now, I don't have them open, so I decided to open them all which I did so with ease. It's like managing mana inside your body, as the peerless goddess of magic in my previous life, this was so easy to do.

My black hair was rising up as my white skin becomes smoother and smooth. I was reach a level of cultivation where I have open all my meridiens. It felt good, it felt like a shower from the best water in the sea, My sense sharpen, the door suddenly opened, it was my big brother. He saw me! Oh no. I don't want him to be jealous. I broke off my mediation which the worse thing you could do but good thing I already finished it, so I decided to make a scene where I faint in front of him which I did.

“Dear little sister!” He caught me by his arms, landing my small head on his warm chest.

His yell went across the big wooden house, mother who was in the kitchen went upstairs and father who was practicing his swordsmanship in the small courtyard also went to upstairs to see me collapse on the arms of my big brother.

A day have passed, my family was so worried about me that they have to hire a doctor to check me up. It was an old man, he was like those Buddhist monks.

“You're lucky, her mind could've been damage but it's not, I refrain her from doing cultivation from now on.”

Mother was okay with it but father didn't, he kept in it himself to train her without telling anyone even her wife. He saw my potential.

This so-called doctor is trying to make my future bland and boring but good thing I know who you are. I will find and then kill you.

This doctor is an assassin from the Dark sect sent to scout the village for the an invasion six years prior. Good thing I read the book. He could fool my family but you will never fool me!

2 years have passed

I finally reach intermediate martial soul general! There's 12 levels in this world, peasant~warrior~spirit warrior~martial general~martial commander~martial phoenix general~martial lord~ martial moon(sun for male) lord~martial king~phoenix warrior~martial emperor~martial god and each level there's elementary(Lvl 1), intermediate(Lvl 2), soul(Lvl 3 Ready for evolution to the next level).

Jing Lo which is my father is at intermediate martial king. Father made a lot of enemy in his youth and that enemy was the Dark sect, he did kill their leader. I have to become stronger, there's only 4 years left until the invasion starts, by the time that happen I must conceal my power and become a phoenix warrior.

Magic on the other hand, of course I still have the time to teach myself that. There's now way I could abandon that although I still have my potential power to become a peerless magician, everyone is gonna start at step one. No skipping steps but I could still do it but the journey will be so boring if I do it. I’ll just practice it and never use it during combat.

Tang Xiao which was my mother is at martial king like father. She's kind and loving, and the most prettiest lady in the village. Me who was still 8 years old tugged her long nice dress, we were shopping in the market for food, everyone here knows me and my family because of my mother and father being martial king.

We went to buy fruits and meat for dinner, mother decided that it was a good idea to have me play with the other children after shopping, in some playing area.

We went to this so called playing area, it was big area like a park filled with green, pretty surprising how this place is not frozen due to the snow.

“Go on my sweet daughter. Go on play with them while mother chat with other mothers.”
She let go of my hand, and lightly push me. She was eager to see me play and so I decided to play with the other kids or at least try to.