Chapter 31: Blood Oath

We have walk for about 3 days now, we have great stamina due to us being martial artist, we could've have walk there non-stop but we didn't because I wanted to treated it like a road trip besides it's fun that way. We are pretty close but right now I like to avoid cliche damsels in distress because my brother would instantly start a path towards the harem route.

“Let's set up camp here.” I said as I pointed at the flat grassy terrain on the side of the road. “But we're pretty close. Why stop now?” Jing Xie complained. “So, you don't want to eat…” I said. She instantly regretted what she said, “Okay, okay. Geez.”

She started working on our sleeping quarter tent and my brother who was eagerly wanted to help Jing Xie, I told him to hunt some meat with Grandpa. He was sad about it but I don't care. I prefer to not make Jing Xie my sister-in-law.

When Jing Xie finished her chores, I asked her to help me with cooking the appetizers. We chopped up vegetables and fruits. “Do you think this sword is still useful?” I asked as pulled out the dark sword. “Of course not, now that I possess this body, all the power is inside this vessel. That sword is only a decoration now.” She said as she put the vegetables that she chopped up onto the boiling stew bowl. “Why do you use a male body as a vessel? Why not use a female one? It is your original gender.”  I asked, she laughs, “It all started as a joke, I figure if I use a male body to the destruction of many cities, females martial artist would get underestimate when they get harrass, men would get cocky due to the history of having men being the strongest martial artist. Now, in this day and age, they are now equal. It has been 1000 years after old.” She said. I took a glance at her and she was happy talking about the past. “Old Granny.”  I whispered.

“I am not that old!” She yelled in denial. “Such a cougar, trying to go for my brother.” I said while giggling. “Hpmh.” She puffs. “Why did you destroy all those cities?” I asked, “They were conspiring against me so I had to get rid of them.” She said. “Oh don't look at me like that, I wouldn't cause havoc right now besides you already many problems to deal with.” She added.

“You know something don't you?” I pointed out. “Did you notice that they didn't take your weapons like the sword I was in when they captured you?”

“No, they didn't take you of my hips. I couldn't use you if I wanted you. I felt your power was decreasing like it wasn't there at all.”

“Indeed, it's because I was hiding from...him”

“Him? You mean that man behind the curtains on that throne?”

“The Dark Sect Grand Master, Guo Zi. My father who sealed me inside a sword, embedded on the rocks of that empty cave in the mountains of Wushu. I thought he would be dead by now.”

“Your father? You're not in best of terms, I assume.” She nodded in response. “He didn't want me to surpass him nor love me. It was all about nurturing his son, so I secretly killed my big brother in hopes he would turn his attention to me, I even destroy cities that conspires against the dark sect. All I got is being seal inside a sword.”  She added.

It was quiet for a couple minutes, I shouldn't ask all this questions.“I am-” 

“Don't bother, it was 1000 years ago, I still don't believe he had a change of heart.” She said as she finish up cutting up remaining vegetables and putting it on to the stew. When she finish putting the vegetables into stew, she went in the tent quietly. I could only back at her, I guess I’m inconsiderate as ever. Apologizing won't cut in.

Maybe I could help her hook up with my brother, maybe she needs a bit of love. Hmmm. As reluctant I am of doing that, ughh…this is going to bite me in the rear later on. Gaining one sympathy is one way to building a relationship or to build a relationship where I get stab in back.