Chapter 22: New friends

The Action was over, I got my item and the rest of the display was just other weapons forged by a famous blacksmiths, I wasn’t really interested in that. The fang-like sword was wrapped around a white fabric. We decided to go home, I was really tired sitting around. I want to go on the bed and sleep in this fine day, nothing sleeping outside on a sunny and calming day

We were going back to the palace but it seems Qing wants to take a detour to the market. Chen didn't want to go but Qing insisted fiercely and I on the other wanted to go too. “It's too dangerous, thanks to Qing. You two are not hidden anymore.” She worried.

“Besides I can't go with you. I have to report my senior officer about my daily patrols.” She added. “What about big brother Fang?” I asked.
“My apologies, little sister. I have to go back too. I have training duty with the new recruits.” He answered. “Don't worry about us. I’m here!”Qing said with confidence.

Chen and Fang had this look on Qing, they are not very confident in her skills. Chen sighed, “If you insist. I’ll summon the closest guards that's available for escort.” She said. “We don't need escort. We can take care of ourselves!” Qing retorted.
“Fang stay here, I’ll be right back.” Chen said. “Understood.” Fang answered. “We can ditch the guard when we're not looking.” Qing whispers to me. I stayed silent.

A couple of minutes has passed, it was super hot. Good thing Qing brought her umbrella, I stood there the shade with Qing. Fang is resilience standing in heat.

“I’m back and this two will be your escort.” She said. “This two, why two?” She asked. “Have some respect, this two used to generals, they-” As she was talking about history, I took a glance at our two supposed bodyguard. I was bit taken back, these two? The two pathetic guards in front of the school gate. “Hmmm, hello there. It’s nice to meet you again.” I said with a smile. “Gentlemen, take off your helmets.”  she said. “Yes, your highness.” they responded with manner. "This is Xiao Wang and Xiao He." She added.

We're a bit taken back especially Qing. It felt like her heart was struck by lightning.

Ugh...Why are they so handsome!? “You two are in charge of protecting my sisters. Now, then. Let’s go Fang.” She said. She walked away and so did Fang. We were occupied with two bodyguards throughout the market and the attempt of escape is zero. They were like experts on huntings us but I was only following along with Qing.

I don't mind them as long as they don't restrict my freedom, on the other hand. Qing is not liking it, it seems she wanted to go somewhere far away from the market with me. I don't know where but she wouldn't gave up, she was dragging me everywhere but at least I’m moving around, better than being stuck in the palace all day long.

Chase after chase, we see ourselves getting away from the huge market, I was a bit irritated but I wouldn't want to ruin the have.

We went around the corner of an empty alleyway and from there, Qing hoped that she lost them and surprisingly she shook them off. She let out a sighed “Finally, by the way where are we?” She asked as she looked around. It was pretty decorated and red all over. Red Lanterns brighten the district, it would look beautiful at night.
Wait..Red light from lanterns, shady corners, I know what this place is. To think I would find myself in the Red light district where all the shady business is takes place, this is interesting.

“I think we should go back…” Qing was scared, it is her first time in this kind of place. I visited this kind of place all the time in my past live during my days as an assassin. Killing hotshots in their own strip clubs.
“There you are! Newbies these days.” A tall and beautiful woman with heavy makeup and her hanfu was loose enough to show the skins of her breast, it was also a tad shorter than my sister, short enough to show off their white smooth legs.