Chapter 25: Information gathering

"My princess. Wake up, wake up." I hear a voice, a voice that's trying to wake me up. I shrugged it off because I wanted to go to sleep. So very sleepy.

"I am very sorry for this, young princess." I felt a pinching sensation on my cheeks. I immediately opened my eyes and through instinct I opened my eyes and reach a dagger under my pillow to stab the one who was waking me up.

It took a second to notice that it was Lea, just in time I stopped the dagger. I almost stab her on the neck, the tip of it was touching her skin.

"I am very sorry Lea!" I hugged her. I wouldn't know what to do if I killed my ninja! "It-it's fine....umm...Princess, you can let go now." She said.

"Oh right. So, what brings you here?" I asked. "The meeting, you didn't show up." She said.

"My bad, It seems I went to sleep all of a sudden when I was listening to my brother's flute." I said, Lea raised an eyebrow at me. "Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Were you perhaps put to sleep? There're weapons out there that are dangerous, not all weapons are sharp or blunt. Some can be instrumental." She said. Did Brother Lee put me to sleep? I mean I'm not avoiding what Lea said, not every weapon can a sword or a staff. "Is still noon? Is still too late to come?" I asked.

"No. Luckily I came here to report you about our fellow spies that we captured."

"Good. I'll be heading there as of right now, for you I want you to investigate Zhou Lee's Flute. I wouldn't want to start accusing him without proper evidence." I said. "As you will it." She responded.

...........

I reached the front door of the guild. I open the door and the place was full of people. I see people drinking, talking and just having a fun time. When one person saw me through that opened door, hey bowed down and greeted me as "Young Mistress." This would then create a chain if the person beside or near him saw me, they would do it.

Now, everyone is greeting with respect. Kai Li and Ying Yue walked towards me and greeted me like the rest. "Be at ease. Continue your fun, Elder brother Li, Elder sister Yue. Where are they?" I asked with a smile.

"As you requested, follow me." Kai Li guided me to their basement, their basement were mostly use for storage and apparently they didn't know that it was part of a tunnel system throughout the city. The toys that I wanted were tied in their corner of the room. The basement was dusty, the floor was cement. There was a lot of cobwebs and there wasn't much lighting and the floor above us is not sturdy, it's like shaking all the time, dropping all the time dust on me because so many people are walking around on the main floor.

"Once this is over. I want this basement redone." I said as I looked with frustration at Kai Li and Ying Yue, the two avoided my gaze and whistled nonchalantly.

There was three man tied up, the three had black hair, two were short and was one tall. I don't like their rough faces. I knelled down to taken off the cloth that was in the mouth of the person that is in the middle.

"I swear I'm not a spy! You gotta believe me!" He was begging. I looked at me like he was nothing. "Don't worry, I won't do anything and mister, it's not like I read the letter that was drop in the tunnels." there's no use hiding it.

"...You..you will get nothing from us. Nothing!" He yelled at me then spit at me. That made me mad and when I'm mad I don't play nice. I really don't play nice. "This can go both ways, I will promise that if you tell me everything, I will let you go. If you don't then you will die." I said with a sinister smile. "Go to hell! You little skank!" He spit at me again.

I sighed as I shake my head in disappointment. I wiped his disgusting saliva off my face. "Kai Li, Ying Yue. You can go, I'll stay here for a while with our guest.