Chapter 10: Sword of Darkness

"Wake up, wake up little sister.” I squinted my eyes, it was already noon, Big sister Qing put me down as gently as she could. I was feeling wobbly while standing up right. I rubbed my tired eyes and saw a huge building.

 I rubbed my tired eyes and saw a huge building

“Is this the place?” Big sister asked. I nodded, I went to the front and knock on the door. The door was answered by an old man, My Grandfather. He had a surprise look on his face when he saw me.

I rushed in for a hug, “Grandfather!” I said in tears, he kneeled down and patted my head, “What's wrong little one?” He asked. “Father is dead.” I added. I felt immense pressure from him, he was in enrage.

“Whoever made my young granddaughter cry, kill my daughter and my son-of-law shall suffer a slow death.” He looked up in the sky with rage as I hugged tightly. “Stop..” I begged, Grandfather suddenly went back to his senses.

“I’m sorry. I was a bit work up.” He was back to his normal self, he took a glance at the two girls behind me. “Your friends?” He asked

“My friends and servants.” I responded, the first time I met Grandfather, he was strict yet kind. So he would take them in but for what cost? If I made them my servants, they are my responsibility. I hope they can understand this when we talk.

“You young'uns, come inside, it's getting cold.” Grandfather suggested. The two nodded, we went in the living room. We sat down on our knees on the cushions that was in the floor

Grandfather gave me a couple of minutes to calm myself down, after that he stared at me intensely, the pure pressure is really going to kill me. Qing and Shi is not holding out very well, they almost collapse on the floor.

“Hmmmm….All of you are strong especially you my granddaughter. That was a test. Now that I know your strength. What will you do now? Get revenge?”

I looked at him back with determined eyes, I don't want to lie, I want revenge, I want to hunt down the man who ruined my family. “Yes!” I said.

“Good! From today onward, all of you will be under tutelage! I’ll be training you like there's no tomorrow. Be prepare.”

“Yes!” I said, the two weakly responded back.

2 months later

“Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!” Grandfather yelled. Shi and Qing were exhausted. They were very desperate for air. It felt like their souls are being rip out. “Shi and Qing,your Ki are unstable, their all around the place. Look at Mei, she's circulating her Ki very well, she even open up all of her meridians to have a stable flow of Ki like a running river. Martial arts revolves around Ki and manipulating that Ki to become stronger, and faster. Alright. That's all for today, tomorrow, I’ll have you two keep training your Ki while Mei, I have an errand for you.”

Grandfather left the training courtyard that has wooden dummies and targets for arrows and knives. It was very spacious, It's like half of a size of a football field. “How do you do it? Little sister?” Qing was heavily panting and so is Shi.