Chapter 27: Uninvited Guest

The servants woke me up, it was morning and I was still very tired but the party is tonight, why would they wake me up early? "Princess, Your Emperor father wants to talk to you in his quarter after eating your breakfast." One of the servants said. "Okay." I answer as I yawn and stretch my arms out.

Like I was told, I first took a bath, ate breakfast then I was guided by the servants to Uncle Zhou Wei. I wonder what he wants to talk about. Maybe he's trying to convince me to talk to old people? I mean I don't mind, I'll charm them into loyalty with my cute childish act and face.

Once we reached the front of the double door to Uncle, the servants open the double door for me. Uncle was sitting down on his knees in front of his window, the sunlight was shining upon him. He looks different, a bit more young. Wait! Did he make a breakthrough? Did he finally become a Martial Emperor!? The servants closed the double door behind me, I rushed towards Uncle with excitement. "Zhou Mei, Third princess of the Zhou Dynasty. Do you want me to tell you why you are here?" His voice was stern and I immediately stop going towards him. Did I do something bad? "You think, I didn't notice." He said. "Umm. Notice what?" I asked.

He sighed, "Small one, I know that you know Lea." He said. I was taken back, how did he know? "Lea told me about your recent endeavor." He said. Why would she do that? "I'm putting you under house arrest, you are not to leave the premises when I say so." He said it with strictness. "No! I don't want to be locked in here!" I retorted, I won't back down! "Zhou Mei!" Uncle yelled at me. "My names is Jing Mei! It's always been my name. A name that my parents gave me." I said.

Uncle stood there quietly, "Like I said before, you are not allowed to leave the palace. I'll put Chen and Qing in charge." He said. "I won't be chain down." I crossed my arms and pouted. "It's for your own safety." he said.

...........

Tonight, I was locked in my room until Chen gives me the go so that I can actually participate in the party. Qing's guard the porch. I have two doors in my room, one sliding door on my left which goes outside and a door to my right which leads inside the palace. I need to talk to Kai Li and Ying Yue, with their connections, I could find her easily, why would she betray me? I mean I'm not angry, I'm confused on why would she do that? I was going to tell Uncle either way.

I'm bored...This is so boring, walking in my room doing nothing. "Hey, you two tell me about yourselves." I tried talking to Old Divine Tiger and Good ol' darkness. Not talking today? I sigh, To think that two of them are living inside my body, at least be grateful that you guys don't pay rent.

I waited and waited. When I heard the door to my right creak, I jumped off the bed out of relief, "Finally, this makeup is killing me. Chen? Chen?" The door was wide open, are they playing a prank on me? Why is it so cold all of the sudden? This feeling...it feels familiar.

I checked up on the guards on the porch, they weren't there. At this point I'm prepared for war, I grabbed my sword and brace myself for what's to come, The slightest move like a fallen leave from a dying tree will suffer my sword. The door slowly creak, I took my chances and launch an attack on the head with a stab but it was only Chen, she caught the sword with her two bare fingers. "Dear sister, this is not the time to practice martial arts." She said in an amused tone, "I'm sorry."

"Come on, our esteemed guest won't greet themselves." Chen said as she offers me her hand, I grabbed her hand and walked along with her alongside with 4 servants.

We have reached the heavily decorated great hall. There was a line of food on a long table to the left and right side of the hall. It seems that the party has already started. Uncle was sitting on his throne, he stood up from his throne, everyone paid attention to his action and composure themselves in a proper manner in front of the emperor.