Chapter 34: Departing to the Valley of Souls

Yesterday was a mess, but at the end of the day, I decided that we'll depart tomorrow at sunrise. Getting a head start isn't always bad. We were at the main entrance of Wang Feng estate, we had out belongings packed and ready. Wang Feng wanted to join us and so I let him join us. This man may be a pervert but he's smart and loyal. More than anything I would rather have him than be accompanied by a liar.

"So where are we heading?" Wang Feng asked. "We're going to take a shortcut by going through the Valley of souls." I said with a smile. He immediately froze up, "Uhhh, actually, I need to stay here and well..uh....look after my home." He laughs nervously, I can't blame him, nobody would want to go through a valley full of horrific ghosts and monsters, especially people who don't have any skills in martial arts but I know Wang Feng. He is a master in martial arts, he just doesn't realize that hidden potential in him.

This trip will surely awaken his power and he'll be a valuable ally. "Hmmm....So you're a coward, Well, it is a shame. This is your only chance to get at least walking space to imperial family." I tried to bait him to meeting my family in the flesh. He pause and look back to us. I was looking at him while my arms are cross, having a smug on my face.

Jing Xie was rolling her eyes, she was getting tired of his act and just wants to go to the valley, she said she wanted to visit someone in the valley, so we'll be making a pit stop to whatever place she stops to. I am mildly curious about it.  Jing Lu was eating dumplings on the side.

Wang Feng stood upright, and look into my eyes with a serious look. "No, I will not go." There it is. This domineer of confident and might is you in the future. I guess there's no choice but to find another way. I'm sorry Jing Xie. "I'll let you grope my sister Jing Xie."

"Done, deal." He walked forward and was ready for anything. Jing Xie stood there flabbergasted. Big brother was trying not to laugh. "Okay. Let's go" I announced. Jing Lu and Wang Feng walked out of the city while I had to runaway from an angry Jing Xie. We met up at the entrance of the city. Sister gave up on chasing me and I whisper to her ear "I specifically said I'll let you grope my sister, but that didn't mean he could just do that to you because I said so." I made the biggest grin. "You are a sly one." She commented.

We walked and walked towards the valley of souls, a forest within a valley. As we got closer to our destination, a fog slowly formed around us. We might be close to the valley but that doesn't mean that it's influence is only inside the valley but we three emanate more than enough power to have the lesser evil spirits to leave us alone, but It'll be different when we're inside.

Wang Feng was staying close to Jing Xie, he was terrified while she was getting annoyed that he's getting too close to her personal space. "Isn't weird that celestial grandpa should be here with us right now?" Jing Lo said. "Hmm...Maybe his trip this time is taking too long unlike his other trips." It is weird, I don't know what he is up to, we tried following him once but he was always a step ahead of us, so it was impossible to know where he has been or what he is doing in his so called trips. Well, whatever it is, I'll ask him than follow him, I've been putting this on hold for two years, I think it's time to open the lid after we liberate the capital.

"So where's this shaman guide person you speak off?" Wang Feng asked. "Legends says that he'll emerge from the fog to the those who seek passages through the valley of souls for a price." Jing Xie responded. "In all of my lifetime, I never once thought of crossing this valley, it frightens me." She added. Jing Xie also known as the dark sword that possess the bodies of males and wreak havoc across the land a few thousand years ago was afraid to go through the valley. Jing Xie herself is considered a spirit yet she's afraid to go through here. I guess this place is no joke.

"Still no signs of this shama person." Jing Lu said. "This is troubling." I added as I stop walking. "What now? The fog is getting thicker and thicker, we should go back before we get possessed by spirits!" Wang Feng was scared out of his mind, he hugged Jing Xie's arm, he was shaken. Jing Xie herself is getting cold sweat and was getting jumpy.

Damn, this is bad. "Everyone stay close together and move slowly." I said, I look back to see if everyone is ready but when I turn around, Wang Feng and Jing Xie were gone. It was only my brother behind me.

Damn it. "Brother hold my hand." I grabbed his hand in haste and we walk, I was practically just dragging him. "Hey, wait!" He yelled at me. "What!?" I yelled back at him. "Look at me. Look at me." He said as he drags me towards him. "You need to calm down." He said, he's right. I was feeling shaken up when those two disappear, I underestimate this stupid valley too much. Now I'm getting punished for it. I couldn't help but feel shameful about myself.

Jing Lu laugh. "Why are you laaughing? I asked,
"You truly have changed." Jing Lu commented as he smiles at me. "To think you were once my little sister." He reminiscent. "Eh? What is this all about big brother?" That took me by surprise. "It's just you grew up into a wonderful lady."  He complimented. When he said, I couldn't control how flustered I was.

This damn protagonist is capturing my heart in spite of doing it with no effort at all and he's my big brother in blood, furthermore we're in a dire situation right now. This might be an external side effects of his personality in the book  that has a harem theme in it , I shake my head, he's my brother, not my lover, he's my brother, not my lover, he's my brother, not my lover. My head is spinning, I keep repeating the same words over and over again to remind myself to not fall for his charm because my big brother married his sister in his book, and I wouldn't allow that ever.

"Hey, is something wrong." He put his right hand on my forehead, "Are you not feeling well, my dear sister?" This dull brother of mine and this troupe. I wanna kill the author who made my brother like this.

He's my lover, not my brother, he's my lover, not my brother. Huh? Wait…what is this? I looked around and I couldn't find Wang Feng or Jing Xie. Where are they? Wait? Where am I? What is this place? Isn't me or the fog is gone and it's just us two. Unless this is….

"We should rest little sister." Jing Lo said. "I don't think that's necessary, I'm fine, more importantly we need to find where Jing Xie and Wan-"

"How about you listen to your big brother for once." He put his finger on my lips, his brotherly domineer changed and slowly I felt infatuated with his charm, isn't it just me or is he getting closer to my face. Wait no, he's my brother. This is just wrong but I felt slowly entrance of his eyes, hair, face and his lips. Surely but slowly, he was going to kiss me and I was about to let him.

I knew it all along, that I always wanted to be with him but...this is not him. "Sister? What...I.." I struck his chest with my hand like a bullet, blood was everywhere on the dirt floor, on my face, and hand. "You filthy demon. You dare play me like a damn fiddle. You are courting death. Hpmh!" I took out my hand swiftly from his it's chest.

So-called brother fell on the ground and the body slowly is slowly consumed by the ground itself. This whole valley is one being. It's true that I underestimate this trip. If the valley thinks it could play with me then it's making a big mistake. I won't stop until I find them even if I have to destroy this valley itself.

I walked forward deep into the malicious forest, the high rocky walls of the valley surrounds it were curse and evil but unlucky for them, they are about to experience someone that has eyes of animosity and pure absolution towards their destruction. Soon this place will be reduced to ashes and rubble.