Chapter 6: Death is everywhere

This night is the night where they will attack, I already set up the traps within the icy caves in the mountains.

It's been an hour or so. I sense the Dark sect members inside my cave, I hid within the icy environment, all of my traps were setting off from well-hidden pits to falling spikes. My plan worked, they avoided going inside this cave any further. I could sense someone, no a hundred people entering the realm, they took the bait.

I found an icy and slippery wall, it's not a perfect mirror but it will do. I put my hand on it and chanted a spell where I could see my realm.

O thy spirit let me watch thee
Let me beseech my own creations
For that I need not guidance but to see.

With those following words, a whirlpool appeared on the wall, slowly and slowly forming into a mirror that allows me to see the realm that I made.

________________
(Entering Jing Lu POV)

When I woke up, I got a painful headache enough to describe as someone hammering my head like tempering a dull sword.

I got up from my bed, I feel sluggy and feel like I'm losing my balance, I went to check father, he's still not waking up. Where Jing Mei? I went downstairs, to the dining room and saw her cleaning.

Cleaning late at night, a child like her doesn't need to do that. I'm such a pathetic excuse for a brother.

"Brother! You're awake." She rushed towards me for a hugged, I welcome her with open arms. "Why are you awake during this time of hour?" I asked with a worry face.

"I can't sleep...." She said, I can't help but worry for her. Mother is gone, Dad is crippled. It's up to me to take care of little Mei.

"Don't worry, let brother-" When I was about to finish my sentence, an explosion was heard outside, I don't know what's happening but I need to keep father and Mei safe.

"Go hide! Now!" I yelled, Mei nodded, she went upstairs, to father's room. Father told me that he had a secret room behind his bookshelves. I was curious on what was happening outside.

I went outside and saw the burning of houses, people in black robes were killing the people that I live with for years, killing them with spears, swords and fists. Some lock them in their own house and let the fire to the work. I even saw children getting killed.

What is this!? Why is this happening!? I'm surrounded by the flames of scorching corpses, surrounded with blood and death.

I ran upstairs to Father's room, I opened the door and saw one man, he had the same attire as everyone else but something is different about him, he was wearing a black dragon mask, he was tall like a tree in our small courtyard, strong, and powerful.

He held my sister's neck with his hand. I looked at my father, he was repeatedly stab on the chest.

"You bastard! Let go of my sister!" I yelled on the top of my lungs. The man chuckled. at this moment, in this moment, I will forever remember this night....

"Bro-brother...." Mei was grasping every air she could muster. Without hesitation, he broke my little sister's neck. Just like that, she's gone. Everyone is gone like dust.

"Noooooooooo!"

I was in rage, I charged at him, I didn't care if I die but at least let her go.

"Fool."

His voice was rough and cold, he punch me on my chest. That punch send me flying towards the wall, I coughed up blood. My chest felt like it was falling apart.

"Boss, should we kill this one" one of his henchmen appeared behind me like a shadow. He pulled a knife on my throat.

"No, let this sheep live. Our job is done" with those words, the henchman knocked me out. Everything was fading to black, my sister laid dead on the cold wooden floor, my father died in a gruesome death, mother got killed and everyone in this rural village laid dead, rotting away with the wind.