Chapter 3: Mistake

I’ve been training with father for quite some time now, it’s been a couple weeks since father and mother fought but father has been teaching me self defense, although learning them is nice, it's not what I wanted  ,I want something more. For now, I’ll need to set up traps around the mountain and inside of it, the mountain has small pockets of openings that leads to the caves inside of it. That’s where they will come, it’s their only passage. Believe it or not, we actually have to ask for passage from the wind god who resides here . Yes, there are gods in this world. I would rather avoid them but becoming one is a whole different story

It’s going to take a while because of my current level and I doubt it that it can actually work but you’ll never know unless you try. Brother is tending to the flowers in the courtyard while mother is shopping for dinner and father is sleeping from a day's work, with nothing to do, I went to the caves where I can set the traps. I used wind magic on my feet to hover up and down, it’s really convenient in moving around at a fast pace and besides, it’s slippery here.

There’s ice popsicles hanging from the ceiling, I won’t be surprised if there was a Yeti living here. There’s many kinds of traps that I could use like a magic tripwire that could bring down the pointy ice on the ceiling on whoevers trip on them. Wait a minute! I could just close all the in and out entrance of this network of caves and maybe that way I could avoid the destruction of my family and the village. What a great idea! Why didn’t I thought of this sooner but I’m still going to place traps in there just in case.

As I  travel in the caves of ice, I closed down every entrances or passages that I could see. Exploring this cave is like its own adventure. It’s so wonderful and chilly going through the cave. I emerge myself into this experience to the point that I forgot what time it is.

I’ve been inside this cave for a while now, setting up traps, closing the passages and entrances while exploring this endless icy white labyrinth. I think I should go home, I done more than enough, hopefully this should prevent the disaster. Just in case if I miss anything, I’ll come back her at a later date. Now, If I remember correctly, I went here and then…………..

Finally! I’m out, good thing I’m good at recognizing landmarks. I’m bless with this wonderful brain of mine. I look outside, and it was night time. Crap. My parents are totally going to scold me. First, let’s go to a public place like the public courtyard and walk myself home.

It's cold at night, really cold. I can feel the numbness on my feet, hands, and face. Walking in this weather is not healthy even for me. I could use magic to travel faster but I want to become careful of prying eyes at night, I don't have anything to cover my face. I walk and walk towards home, little by little going up the slanted hill. I could see the roof of my house.

The lights were open, they were probably still awake, worried for me. Any parents will be worried if their children went missing. I hurried myself up by running onward to my house. Once I got in front of the door,
It's quiet inside, too quiet.

I slowly open the door and saw a lifeless body. My eyes widen as I saw my mother dead right in front of me. Her body laid on the bloodied floor with her blood. Mother was stabbed on the chest with a knife while father and big brother on the ground beside her, I hurried to father and brother's body, checking their pulses. Hoping that they are still alive.

A sigh of relieve exited out of my mouth, they are still alive but mother is dead…Why? Why? Why? Why did someone do this? I collapsed on my knees and started crying uncontrollably while hugging my mother. My tears were like the rain that won't stop. I remember now, there was an attack in the house in chapter 3. If I was here, I could've prevented this like in the book. It was a mistake going into the mountains, a grave mistake.

I will...will find them and make them suffer.