Chapter 16: Crimson Night

“We’re back!” Qing said as she open the door with haste.

We were immediately greeted by a sight that I think wouldn't be possible. Fang and Chen is having tea with Grandfather.

“It’s you!” Qing yelled while pointing at Fang. Shi smack her on the head. “You fool!”

Chen stood up and went in front me, she was angry at me. I…..I didn't see this coming. “I was so worried!” Chen hugged me while sobbing.

“Next time, you could've told me the truth.”

“I’m sorry…”

Qing was so jealous that she was going to burst like a balloon, “Siscons.” Fang said. “Tell me about it.” Shi agreed with the thought.

“Everyone, settle down, there's many things that I have tell you.” Grandfather said

We sat in front of Grandfather, “Mei, there's a lot of you to take it. Be prepare.” Grandfather said, I nodded with confidence.

“Zhou Chen is your Sister. Zhou Feng is the emperor of the Zhou Imperial Dynasty and he is your uncle. You two were separate by birth because your parents couldn't take care of the three of you while running away from the dangers. So you're uncle took the task of hiding and raising her as his own. Young Fang here is your cousin. The Tang family, Qing and Shi are also your distance relatives. There's plenty of reasons why you three were sent here to live. Many powerful people wanted the power of your parents, and also Shi, Mei and Qing. You three are the vessels of three legendary artifacts. Mei, you have the Legendary Dragon Sword, Qing, you have the Elegant blades of flowers and Shi, The Scythe of demise. Ever since birth, you three has shown a prodigal amount of Ki. Enough to rival even the gods.”

This...He wasn't wrong, this is a lot to take in. How can the plot be even more complex for side characters than the main characters? Also, big brother married big sister!? Does that mean I was into incest when I was reading their romance back on earth!? Now that I know this, I must prevent big brother from marrying big sister besides he has 4 more wives to conquer. Just leave big sister out of it.

“Then...Explain, why did our foster parents treated us like garbage.” Shi said in disgust.

“I’m sorry, my child. At first sight, I thought they were nice folks, I guess I was wrong.” Grandfather bowed down to apologize.

“Grandfather…” Shi looked at him with teary eyes.

“This old man put you through so much pain over the years.”

“I forgive you..” She said with a smile. Grandpa stopped bowing down and return to his regular composure. He smiled. *Cough* *Cough*

“Grandfather!” He almost collapse on the floor. I supported his chest, I slowly put him to sit on his cushion.

“Haha..It seems this old bones of mine is giving up.”

“Grandfather? What do you mean? Don't tell me yo-” He put his finger on my mouth to keep me quiet.

“I don't have much time. Zhou take them to the Zhou Imperial Palace. Welcome them with open arms, train them and take care of them.”

“Yes Grandfather!”

“Fang, it's up to you to protect them in the shadows.”

“I will not fail you Grandfather!”

“You three, become strong. Be merciless to those who harm you and your love ones. Before you all leave, bury alongside with my Daughter and Son-in-law.”