Chapter 14: Captured and Spoiled?

What a mistake this was, I've been so focus on training my martial might that I forgot to train my stealth and my magic. This is a predicament. I’m stuck inside this cage.

To think that I got caught by a guard, some triple S+ rank assassin I am. I was trying to get some food in one of their tents and then proceed to put my runes(magic mines) inside of them, I had enough mana to do so but I got caught Mr.baldy.

Baldy smack the bars of the cage I was in. Probably trying to scare me. I’ll play along. “Who are you? Answer me girl!” He was interrogating me. Show some mercy to an 8 year old girl.

“What're you doing to this child!?” A lady went in the tent with a man in armor. A handsome one at that. “Your highness. This small one was stealing our ration.”

“It doesn't mean you could lock her in a cage like an animal. Give me the key.” The princess demanded. Mr. Baldy handed the key to the princess and she open my cage. I acted like a scared child. Slowly backing away.

“It's okay, nobody's going to hurt you. Here take it.” She was offering me bread. I took it from her hands, thanks to grandfather throwing us out in our PJs, I look like a beggar right now. She smack Mr. Baldy on head.

“Moron, look at her. She's probably going to remember this for the rest of her life.” She said as she smack him again. This girl is amusing. The girl look back at me with the most pities eyes. She offered me her hand. “Come, my tent is way better than this old man Chao.”  I took her offer, I hold her hand and follow right beside her, luckily it was still the afternoon, at least baldy didn’t knock me out.

When we got out of the tent, I was greeted with the sights of soldiers patrolling the camp, doing tedious task like carrying rations or papers to certain tents that specialize working with them. It’s a busy place. We walk through an open area, and on this open area are soldiers training with each other, some alone and some with others. It was loud and reeks the smell of men’s sweat.

Aside from the smell, Qing wasn’t joking about them being a nation of elite martial artist. Everyone one of them are strong, I can sense it. They are probably around the average level of  martial lord. I on the other hand along side with Qing and Shi are higher than them but Qing and Shi have the short end of the stick. I have experience of fighting due to my previous life, I have many tricks up my sleeve. Well, not anymore. If I include magic then yes, If I don’t then no. I didn’t learn any martial arts in earth, just stealth, weapon training, and magic. I regretted that decision, I should’ve at least learn one. I need to get stronger.

“Hmmmm… Little sister is strong.” The princess said with a smile, I was gripping her hand too hard during my soliloquy. “I’m sorry.” I said apologetically.

“No, no. It’s fine, I myself is strong too.” she giggled

“Your highness, your nose is bleeding. Here take it.” The man in armor handed her a white handkerchief, Is this man her butler or bodyguard? Maybe both.

“Do mind my manner, What’s your name? I’m Zhou Chen.” She introduced herself as she wiped her nose bleed, am I really that cute? I don’t want to reveal my real name. It will be inconvenient for me in the future if I meet her again.

Zhou Chen? That name….The Royal Princess Zhou Chen! This is bad! Why am I meeting a major character. I’m practically meeting my future sister-in-law. As long as I don’t reveal my real name or interrupt the story but is this even part of the story? she didn’t mention about going on a treasure hunt for some artifact that resides here. As long as I don’t hint about the future, I’ll be fine.

“I’m Tang Wei.” I said with a smile.

“Tang Wei, what a nice name. Did your father pick it for your or was it your mother?”