Chapter 18: Uncle Zhou Wei

“Are you ready to meet uncle?” Chen asked, we all nervously nodded. Fang opened the two tall doors with his two hands. “Welcome back Princess Chen!” The royal servants who were standing on the opposite side of this door greeted with a smile, it was a big and luxurious room, the Zhou banners are hanging on the left and right walls.

We walked on the red carpet leading to the throne room. Once again stairs are leading up to uncle but at least it’s not a monstrous stairs, just a couple steps up. The throne was behind a white cloth, making it hard to see who’s behind it but we can see the figure. Uncle is here

We walked towards the throne, as we walk, eyes were on us. It feels uncomfortable. I don’t know how politics work but it sure is intimidating especially in ancient times, one mistake can lead into an execution. It’s scary. It felt uneasy as we can closer and closer to the throne.

The people in the royal court was whispering among themselves, quite curious of unknown visiters, we are strangers after all. Some are paranoid  and some are interested. “Ah!” Shi yelled as she tripped by stepping on the bottom part of her Hanfu, she fell on her hands on the floor Some were chuckling at this display, those bastards. I looked at them scorn eyes and they immediately stop giggling to themselves. “Little sister, keep your Ki pressure intact.” She whispered carefully, oh, it was leaking out. Shi got up by the help of Qing. We continue our way towards uncle.

We were finally there, we looked at up the throne and behind the curtains is uncle. “Father, we’re back and I got a present for you.” Chen said.

“Welcome back little sister!” A young man greeted who was near the king’s side. “I’m back big brother Zhou Lee” Chen greeted back with a smile. “Oh? Could you tell who are this cute and beautiful friends?” He added, “They are your sister of course but if you do anything bad to them, you can tell it to my fist.” Chen smiled. That smiled made Lee twitch in fear. “I...see that’s very funny dear sister. I don’t recall having three sisters. Father? Is this real?” Chen asked.

“No, they are your cousins but consider them as your sisters.” A rough and hard voice was heard throughout the royal court, all the small chattering stop. They paid attention to his words.

Suddenly, he came in rushing towards us and hugged Qing and Shi. Wait!? Why is he shirtless!? “Ohhhh!! My sweet ducklings! All of you are all grown up! Especially you Qing, a couple more years and you will look like your mother. Shi! My sweet little angel, I still remember the time you fell into the pond, trying to catch a tadpole.” Everyone was shock at this scene.

The supposed cold emperor is out of his regular composure because of the sight of this two girls. “Who are you?” Shi asked as she pushes uncle’s head away from her, she was struggling to get out of his hold while Qing was bewildered at this current situation. She stood there flabbergasted. “I’m your father of course.” He said with a smile.

“Our father!?” The two were baffled, all of the ministers, nobles and generals in the royal court had widen eyes. The ones that were giggling when Shi tripped was getting the cold feet.

They just laugh and humiliated at a royal princess, they were practically now scare of her requesting an execution for their bad behavior.

Uncle took a glance at me, he let go of Qing and Shi. He walked towards me and kneeled down on my eye level. “Mei…” He was tearing up, he embraced me as tight as he could.

“Uncle..” I hugged him back, even though I don’t know him like my father or mother or brother, I still feel a connection to him.

“Come, come, let’s go in my lobby in the back.” he said. He guided us to a room, it’s more like his office for work. We sat down on a comfy red couch that was in the middle of the room, It was two medium size red couches facing each other and in the middle was a glass table, there was vase of flowers on it, it’s quite beautiful.  Uncle Wei sat on the other couch.

“It seems there’s a lot of things we have to talk about. Qing, Mei and Shi, it’s time for me to clear out the dark sky that you three have been living under. From the very beginning….”

A/N

Sorry for the cliffhanger, the chapter is a bit short because November is a pretty busy month for me. So, futures chapters will be short or late. I can't even follow my own schedule :(

By the way, this is how Uncle Wei and Brother Lee look like.

Uncle Zhou Wei

Brother Zhou Lee

Brother Zhou Lee

Also feel free to point out any mistakes

Also feel free to point out any mistakes. Thank you and enjoy.