Chapter 33: Assessment and Balance

We went to our providing rooms given by the servants of Wang Feng. Right now, I'm assessing what our next move is? If the red dragon guild is still operating, I hope I get to see Xiao
Wang, Xiao He, Zhang Yi and Feng Li.

The Water Dragon City, not much what I can remember from the book, all I can remember it was a city where beast tamers aspire to tame the great Blue dragon king but all of them has failed. This city is out of my comfort zone, I don't know anything about it. It will be a new whole experience, I should be on my guard at all times.

To get to the Water Dragon City, we have to first past the valley of souls which will require a shaman as an escort. In terms of paying for the escort, it's not a problem but we can go around it by going through the beast forest. As the name state it's a forest full of mythical beast that can be killed for their exotic materials, can be use for clothes, armor and weapons or tame them. We can either take the short way or the long way.

I decided to go to the valley of souls, it's faster but riskier, even if there's an escort. It will play tricks on you to stray you from the path but I believe everyone has the willpower to go on. After we pass that, we need to over the red river which occupied by a lord of bandits called Luo the evil. He's no problem to pass through. Getting rid of him will help the surrounding villages form future raids, hitting two birds with one stone as they say.

Once we pass that we'll be reaching the capital which is capture by demonic sect, there's a secret passage to the west side of the capital wall, that's the exit of a secret escape route that the royal family uses whenever enemies or potential coup d'etat break through the palace.

If this goes well, we could sneak in and make contact with my sisters and uncle. We can talk about a coordinate attack, Wang Feng told me they are stuck in there for about 2 weeks but that gives them time for a plan of attack to reverse their situation. I could help them if the red dragon guild is still willing to accept me as their guild leader once we reach Water Dragon City. I'm sorry but it seems I have delay your plans sisters and uncle but it will be a better plan once we meet and talk about it.

From the Capital to the City, it's pretty straightforward, we can follow the path towards there. It will take at least 5 days worth of travel to get to the city. If there's a delay, at best 8 days. If only there's a way to communicate long distances, I can't really create a phone in this era but I could use telepathy magic but.....I've been neglecting my magic training.

Feeling dejected, I went outside and walk out the the Wang Feng's estate. I need to go to a quiet wide plain area like the grassland. There is a way to increase my magic, magic is all about aptitude if you won the gene lottery or familiarity, for example if you keep using the same magic over and over, he gain insight how to control it, the temperature, the size, the power. At first it will be a power blast but the more you use it, it will become precise

This magic training technique will require me to destroy all life around me because I'm sucking all the mana around me. I know there's magic in this world but I was born on a continent that is mostly martial arts and a lot of Ki. At best I could suck the all the Ki instead. This is difficult...might as well try. I sat down on the ground, and meditate, I will gather all of it. Mana and Ki altogether. All life around me will become my fuel. I could feel it. The mana is merging within me, it needs to become equal to the Ki that I accumulated. I must reach equilibrium.

4 hours later

I opened my eyes, everything is crystal clear. I could feel it. My Mana and my Ki are equal. I didn't think this could work, it was only a theory but I have reach half way my level to Celestial mage in my previous life. I tried to get up but I couldn't, I couldn't feel my feet. I can't even walk as in I lost my control of my own leg.

Damn it. Of course there will setbacks, because I had a foreign energy just overwhelmed my Ki. I can't feel my legs. This terrible feeling, I can't contact anyone. If only I had a pet. Once I get to Water Dragon City, I need to buy a 4-5 star ranked beast.

I now crawl my way back to the city. I just hope nobody saw it. I was here for quite awhile and I made a mess of the grass and trees around me are all lifeless gray. Part of me is glad that it work but at the same time not, imagine what it could do to the place I live in the previous life. We would have needed another planet.

__________________

"So that's the one all those years ago?"

"Yes Teacher. She's my master."

"Quite young and destructive. Her mana control is extraordinary. I have never seen a hybrid of a warrior mage of this caliber."

"Her mana was faint when she showed it to me but I didn't think she could unleash so many, in the span of seconds. It almost overwhelmed her Ki."

"Luckily, she knows how to control the flow well of both. If she didn't, her body would've turn into bloat of flesh."

"She's a prodigy and a monster but a careless one. Dispel the barrier, she's lucky that we're here, that power was not minimal. It was destructive enough to alert nearby masters. This landscape is now filled with the dead. Let's go Lea."

"Very well headmaster."