Chapter 28: Separated

The white dragon carried me like a sack, he also blindfolded me, I couldn't see a thing. All I can feel is the wind, he was sure running fast. When he finally slow down, I heard a door creaking, it sounded old and rundown. I was thrown inside, landed on my sides. Bastard, could've put me down slowly.

“Enjoy your company, you two have a lot of catching up to do.” He said, the door was shut seal.

I still have a blindfold on me, I wonder I could ask my so called ‘company’ for help? “Hey, could you take this cloth off?” I asked. My company didn't utter a world, all I heard was rustling of clothes and his movement. The blindfold was off.

It was a man that I saw, he looks familiar. The man was rough looking yet good looking, he looks like my brother, his clothes was rip and dirty. “Where...where did you get that?” I asked as I pointed on the ring that was on his finger, it looked like the ring that I gave to my brother, no...impossible, he should be on the other side of the continent by now. This is not him. My brother is strong, and he'll never give up, no matter what.

He just stood there silently, looking at the ground with dead eyes, he was like a broken shell. “What's your name?” I tried to asked for his name but he didn't answer. I could only sighed. “Fine, I'm Jing Mei.” I said.

His eyes suddenly widen and fixate himself to me. “You...you are...Jing Mei.” His voice sounded weak and dry. I nodded. “What about yours?” I asked.

“....I..I’m Jing Lo.”

That name. That name. That name. Why? Why is my brother like this? He would never look like this. Never! “Brother! What happened to you!?” I couldn't helped by stood up and yelled at him. He looked shocked.

“Look at me! Look at me!” I stared him down, he stare up at me. I slap both of my hands on his cheeks. “I...I...What happen to you?” I asked. Tears were dripping from my eyes.

“St-stay away from me!” He yelled and pushed me back to the ground. “This..this is just an illusion, it's not real, not real, not real. I saw you died. You are dead, Jing Mei is dead. She's dead dead dead dead dead…..” He was repeating this sentence over and over. He was like a broken clock. What did they do to you?

“Snap out of it!” I slapped him once, and I hugged him afterwards. “You can feel my touch, smell my scent, I’m here..I’m alive.”

“Ji..Jing Mei?” He was calming down, this is good. I don't know what they did with him but I’ll make them pay back one thousand folds. No one hurts my big brother! No one!

When my big brother calmed down, we caught up with ourselves, I told him about our parent's secret, he was just baffled, brother told me about his adventure to the great forest of mist, he went to the Great capital academy of the Great Flame Phoenix and attended the academy for three months. He also told me his power level. He is a soul martial emperor.

This is confusing me. He doesn't reach martial emperor until volume 4 but we're still in volume one. Ahhh! I’m so bother by this! Here I am avoiding the main storyline. Oh well, no turning back now, at least I have my brother back.

“How did they capture you?” I asked, I was very curious at this point, my monster brother of a martial artist doesn't get jumped that easily but we're dealing with the unknown, I can't believe it, how did they surpass the level of martial god?

“They caught me off guard, I couldn't sense they were coming.” He said bitterly. “We need to get out of here big brother!” I said. He shakes his head. “It can't be done, I can't go out the door.” What did he mean by that? I glance at the wooden door and tried to open it. It's not budging at all. I can't open it with force either.