Chapter 20: Cooling Off

It’s been a year since I went through the hellish teachings of Big sister Chen. I am now 9 years old and it's September 13th 425 on the Continental calendar. Quite surprising, at 8 years old, I lost my home, lost my brother, parents and grandparents but gain a new home and new family.

Shi and I were supposed to go to school but it seems at the last second only 12 years old and above can attend. So, here I am sitting on a chair beside Uncle alongside with Shi, listening to the boring conversation of state affairs..

It's boring but it helps out, I want to have my own foothold in this palace, now that the three of us were revealed as daughters of Emperor Wei. People are looking at us with discerning eyes, treating us like outsiders but some are favorable of us because they have a chance to throw their sons at us to married, it's their way of getting some connection in the royal court.

I must make them grovel between my feet, I am not lady to be take advantage of and being bossed around like a chump. I must make allies, maybe I could use Big brother Lee?

“In recent reports, there's been a dispute between our vassals, Nobles houses of  Liu, Li and Wang. Their Youngsters these days, always causing problems for their parents.” The minister said, he was tall and his Hanfu has the most distinct designs of blue flowers. An old man who had seen better days, I think he should be retired by now.

“Li Wei, did little Li Weng bullied Liu Chou again?”

“No, you’re greatness, Wang Liang framed Liu Chou that he bullied Li Weng. Such a cunning child.” He sighed, Wang Shi? He seems interesting.

“Hmmm…..Wang Liang is turning 9 in a couple weeks, I don’t like lecturing a child who isn’t mine, it’s for the work their parents, not for the emperor. First of al-” I gently tap my Uncle’s Wei shoulder with my hand.

“Can I go?” I said with puppy eyes. He was resisting my cuteness, what a man with tenacity but if I include teary eyes no my face. “Please..” I begged, “Anything for you sweet one” He said with a smile, Invitation get!

“Can I come too!” Shi said in excitement, “Okay but be sure not to get yourselves in trouble.” He responded, tch...I was going to go alone but Shi is coming too, as long as she doesn’t ruin my plan, everything will be fine.

“If I may Emperor?” The minister, Li Wei heed.

“What it is Minister Wei?”

“I recommend the princesses to have escorts, lately the city has been a dangerous place to go through.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“If I’m allow to speak freely in the court.”

“I’ll allow it.”

“We caught Dao spies within our city, they were doing their operation in a Tea store. We have yet to gain any information about their visit, my men are interrogating them as we speak.”

Spies from the Dao Empire? This is getting interesting, hopefully they are not planning to go to war with us, If they are, I’m prepare to end in a swift strike like a sword cutting a perfect split on a falling green leaf. Uncle glance at a pretty servant who was in her White, patternless Hanfu. The servant notice and she heed his call.

When the servant got near to Uncle, he was whispering something to her. After they were done, the servant nodded and bowed down with respect. “Royal princesses, please come this way, your emperor father wants to talk to them alone.” she said. She had a gentle and soft voice. Shi looked at her with awe, someone has an admirer.

This spy matter is serious, me and Shi followed the servant outside, she lead us to a garden that just outside the building where the meeting is taking hold. I sat on the wooden porch, cultivating like usually while Shi is sitting and talking to Wang Rou on the green grass with flowers, she is also the big sister of the cunning Wang Liang.