Chapter 32: Wang Feng

After a couple of days of me and Jing Xie bonding, we finally reach the front gate of Panda City and big brother wasn't joking, this place is full of panda! I could see why people wouldn't want to cause trouble here.

“We're finally here.” I said in relief, “let's head in.” Jing Xie said as she head towards the gate. “Don't we have to go through inspection?” I asked. “No, I was here once even if you want to cause trouble, this place is just basically a place where martial masters retired.” He said, So it's like a retirement home but in form of a city. Well, I guess people won't want to mess with retired powerful people. We head towards the gate, “You youngsters can go, I need to take a detour.” Grandpa said as he disappear from my sight.

I guess it's just me, Jing Xie and brother, geh! I’ve been left behind. “Hold on, wait for me!” I yelled, brother and Jing Xie already went ahead of me.

This place is a lot different than a city that I’ve experience. The place is full with hills and houses that are mix in together, so like they live under a roof of soil. I wonder how that feels like. It was like tall city buildings but more green and Eco friendly.

We walk forward pass the gate but…”Where are we exactly going?” I asked. “To the tavern of course!” Big brother was sure excited. “Aren’t we supposed to get a horse carriage?” I inquired. “Ah, don't be a buzzkill, let's go have fun.” Jing Xie said with excitement. “But I’m not drinking age yet.” I sighed. “Drinking age?” They question as they tilted their head. “Let's just go.” I said, I forgot it's a different world.

We reach the city center, it's pretty spacious, in the middle is full of vegetations but mostly bamboos and there was a huge panda in the middle eating them, wah...that's bigger than the pandas on earth, it's about 10 feet wide, 7 feet tall at the shoulders. Probably weight a lot more, at least there not endangered.

The center consist of buildings that belongs to the blacksmith, general store, a medicine pavilion, some street food vendors, the clothing store and finally the tavern. I wonder where the guilds are?

I was too busy sightseeing the center that I lost where they went, So, I just went to the tavern because they did said they were going to that place. I head in the tavern to see that my brother and sister already drinking in broad daylight. Wait! Do we even have money for this? I went to my brother who was at the left corner of the room. This wooden tavern floors were old and cracky, do they even do maintenance here? The lanterns on the ceilings that looks like chandeliers, they look like they were about to fall. “Brother, brother, can you even pay this?” I asked as tug his cloth. “Oh! Is this your sister? She is very cute.” I didn't notice but there was a man who looks like my brother's age. Handsome no less, as expected of a wuxia story.

“You better not hit on her

“You better not hit on her.” My brother teases as he chuckles. “Hahaha, by the way who is this lovely lady?” He asked as he looks at Jing Xie with alluring eyes. “You better not hit on my sister!” I said. “Sister!?”  My brother said in shock. “Yep, we did our vow. So, even if you want to marry her, you can't!” I said. “Woah, woah, I didn't know that was a condition.” Jing Xie said in shock also. “Hah. I was joking but seriously, I won't give you my brother.” I said bluntly. “Hahaha! What a funny bunch.” The man said in amusement. “Anyway, who are you?” I asked as I cross my arms over my chest. His eyes stared at my chest. “Eyes up here buddy!”

Wait a minute, I know this pervert! “I am Wang Feng.” He introduce himself. I knew it, he’s that pervert that my brother save a year ago during his travel. Occasionally my brother would go on a trip for two to three months once a year during our 5 years of solitude. He was also a key part in my brother's story, I wonder what will change now that I’m alive and not dead. I mean, they are still friends. I guess that's good.

“Anyway, I’m here to ask a favor.” My brother said as he put the white thin bowl down. “Ask me anything my friend, take it as payment for saving me.”

“We need a transportation to the imperial capital.” He said. Wang Weng went quiet. “That's…. Impossible.” Wang Feng said. “Why not?” brother asked. “You guys truly live inside a forest huh?”

“Spill it out already.” I demanded. “Alright, alright little Missy, the imperial capital is no more. It's preoccupied. The Demonic Sect captured it, also captured the royal family.” He responded. The Demonic Sect! Out of all the sect, them!? Those damn dragons! The dark sect was probably the ones who help conquer the capital.

Tch. Well, I guess I have to visit a few friends. “Hey mister, do you know what happen to the Red Dragon Guild?” I asked. “Oh, you mean that legendary guild? They got kicked out, right now they are on a coastal city called The Water Dragon City.” He said. “Where is that?” I asked. “It's up north from the capital, way up there.” Jing Xie said. “Did you ever went there?” I asked as I glance at her. “Of course. It's a wonderful city and also a great place to tame monsters. It's tamers every dream to live there.”

“Now what? Can we even go inside the imperial capital?” Brother asked. “Of course not you idiot.” Wang Feng said as he karate chop my brother's thick headed skull. “Besides the Demonic Sect is at war with the Heavenly sect and their only foothold is the capital. If they just destroy the capital then what's the point of having a foothold on the first place. Also the royal family is there hostage.” Wang added. “Are...they okay? The royal family?” I asked.

Wang Feng laugh  and gaze at me sharply “Are you fool? Even the Demonic sect can't defeat the Illustrious family, they have the legendary dragon slayer Emperor Zhou Wei who slaughter the demonic black dragon. Zhou Qing, the eternal blade dancer who slaughters army of the night during a castle raided by the demonic sect, people saw her dancing with 6 blades in the battlefield, killing anyone who dares disturb her dance. Zhou Shi, the green jaded reaper who slew many and took the souls of her enemies, the power of those souls were reap by her scythe, those souls will eventually become her own power, the more she spends time on the battlefield, the more powerful she becomes. Zhou Chen, the legendary goddess of beauty and war! She killed many and saved many during the war of the lotus! She ended the war within a month, 4 years ago. Such achievements! Such prowess! The only reason why they are hostages right now because they threatened to kill everyone with a deadly gas, knowing them, the royal family would survive but their subject would not.”

Something's telling me that he's a big fan of big sister Chen. “Then, let me ask you? Would you want to meet her?” I asked. “Hahaha, surely you jest. No offense dear little sister. I-” before he finish his sentence, I slam down my imperial purple jaded necklace . It was a necklace that only belongs to the royal family. “.......Princess Zhou Mei...The Prodigy, the one who slew many experts of the dark sect when she was only 8, only using the droplets from the rain as a weapon! The one who outsmarted the infamous legendary 3 dragons! I covered his mouth, he was getting too excited.

“I….I...This is amazing. Little miss- no, Princess.” His eyes are quite blinding with admiration. “Ahem. It seems that you have a lot of explaining to do, my dear sister.” Brother said. Crap, how am I going explain that I put him into a realm of illusion?

“So, what are we going to do now?” Jing Xie asked. “We'll leaving for Water Dragon City. I want to meet old friends that could prove very useful to us.” I said, “Just say the word, little sister.” Brother said, Jing Xie finish her final gulp of her drink and collapse on the table. “After, we sober her up.” I sighed. How many drink was that? 20? 49? “So, do you want to come with us Wang Feng?” I asked. “To think, a princess is asking my permission to come. I-”

“Okay, well I guess I’ll take as a no. Brother, I’ll let you carry Jing Xie.” J said. “I’ll go! I’ll go!” He said. Heh, I like him. This trip is going to be twice as fun. “Alright, then let's go find an Inn.” I said. “Don't worry about that. We can go to my house.” Wang Feng said.

When he meant by that, we were greeted a huge palace, full of spacey and luxurious rooms and there was a pool inside. I forgot, he's a super rich playboy. “Well then, let's go in.” He said with a smile.

__________________________

(Tang/Zhou Qing POV)

“Achoo!” I feel like someone is talking about us. “Sister are you okay?” Little sister Shi asked. “I’m fine.” I reassure her. This nightmare when will it end, I wonder what little sister Mei is doing right now.