Chapter 29: Solitude

I….It hurts, it hurts a lot, I screw up the flow of energy, I didn't expect to be so powerful. My entire body feels sore, every time I attempt to move, I feel a sharp pain on my muscles but at least I recover the flow back to its course. I have now all of the power of Celestial Tiger Grandpa. Half of its in my Ki and the other is in my mana.

[It seems you've succeeded.]

“Yes, it seems so. I wonder what are you going to do?” I asked, The celestial tiger gave me his power and I wonder what the dark sword is giving me.

[Heh, now that the old man is gone, let's make a contract.] He offered, he's back to his malicious mood.

“Explain this contract to me.” I demanded. [Very well, if you were to sign a contract with me, I’ll give the power of the dark martial arts but in exchange I want a body to possess.”  He said, that task is surprisly easy.

“I accept this contract of yours.” I said. The dark sword laugh. Suddenly dark crimson flames started to engulf me, it burns! Ugh, wait what? I don't feel it anymore, it's engufling me but I can't feel it and also I can't feel the pain from the flow transfer anymore. Thank god.

“I thank you dark sword…..Dark sword?” It seems that he went to sleep, It's time to sneak out with brother. I got out through the window, if I didn't have wind magic right now, I would have scale the wall to get down. Once, I got down, I had to sneak pillar to pillar, waiting and hearing if someone's here or not.

In this quiet night, it's freezing ice, the breeze are hitting the sides of my cheeks, it feels like little small needles stabbing my face.

I got to the courtyard easily, There was guards posted in the courtyard and on the above level of that huge cobble wall. For now, I’ll go up, it's better to avoid the ground.

I have to reach the front and jump from there, I need to remember where the shack is, luckily, The red dragon didn't blindfolded me. Actually, it's right there to the left at the end of this bridge. I didn't know it was that close. How convenient.

My brother needs water but I have magic, I can just make pure water out of the snow around the shack. Once I fed his thirst for water, we need to move, I don't want to take the risk of finding me out that I’ve escaped.

……

I got out undetected, that was exhilarating. I opened the door to the shack and saw my brother’s on the ground. I place his head on my lap and fed him water, his lips and skin were dried. Little by little, I’ll get you back in good shape.

“Little Mei…” He said my name, “Brother, we need to get out of here now.” I responded. He didn't respond. He was soundly asleep. I grabbed onto his arm and place it around my shoulder. We moved forward towards the exit.

“Mhm. You thought you could escape that easily.”

Why is the blue dragon here? “What do you want from us?” I demanded answers. She laugh, I won't be lie, my legs are shaking. “I like you, so I’ll spare you but….” She walked towards me and lifted my chin up to make me look at her. “I’ll make you mine.” She said as she licks her lips.

She walked away after that declaration, I used wind magic on us and flew out of there. We're lucky that she let us go but why? Is it for her own amusement? No matter. I need to get my brother to safety.

1 week later….

It's been a week since we left that accursed place. Right now, we're in a pinch, we ended up in a bamboo forest, I lost the path because I was rushing ahead, now we ended up near a stream of water. Currently, I’m fishing in a small body of water. So, instead of finding a way back, I made a small tent out of bamboo strings and bamboo. Day by day, my brother has been recovering, his skin isn't dry anymore, his lips too. I don't want to go back to the palace, I want spend most of my life with my brother!