Chapter 11: Our weapons

I….I was stabbed wasn't I? On the chest? Way up to the sword’s hilt yet I feel somehow refresh. Something feels odd with my body, I feel light and everything around seems so clear. It's weird. The sword? I looked at the empty stone slab, it's gone. Where could it be? I don't feel its presence anymore.

Without prying into the dark sword matter, I made my way towards the exit and when I got out. In my sight, I was greeted by the valley’s ominous fog. And below this ledge was my village. There was no people in sight, it's more like a ghost town now.

I flew down there and go behind a house. I tried knocking on the door. No one answer, I tried opening the door and it was open. “Sorry for the intrusion.” I whispered as I go in. I went to the living room to the bedroom. Nobody was there but I did see leftover stuff like logs scatter on the ground, a chair  fell on the ground. It looks like they left in a hurry, I wonder why?

There was nothing to do here, so I went outside and continue my way towards my house. It's so empty, I see doors left open, windows open and a lot of footprints, why were they in such a hurry?

“Is this the place?”

“Yeah, Master sense their presence here.”

There were two men who were in black cloaks in front of my house, they were trying to break in, those jerks. Do think that they would dare to break in my house. Not on my watch.

I sneak up behind them, slowly and quietly as I could.

“I can't open it.”

“Then bust it open, move out of the way and watch.”

I stabbed the man who was about to go in front with a knife that I was carrying and put 50% of my ki into my swiftly punch on the other man. I punched him in the stomach, he was knocked out. I’ll save this one for questioning.

I dragged the two men to the back. I wouldn't want to soil the floor with blood, I tied the man who was alive and put the dead one in front of him. It's a way of greeting when he wakes up. I went to the courtyard. Flowers were blooming on the graves of mother and father. I….No, I must not cry, they wouldn't want me to cry.

I went to the opposite side of their graves. Their graves were in the right top corner of the courtyard and the swords were hurried underground in the left top corner. I started digging, this is where I hid it.

“Aaaahhhhh!” It seems that the man is woken up. I’ll deal with him later, I need to get the swords first. I’ve been digging for a couple of minute now, and this man kept yelling and yelling. It's really annoying, aren't you supposed to be a man? Why does his scream sound high pitch?

I found the swords. I don't know why Grandfather want this swords, I took them in because they look interesting. They are dull, rusty and fragile. They are not even useful. If I hit it against the wall, it would break easily, it might also be easily blown away with the wind. I put the swords into my sack that was behind my back.

Time to greet the girly man, I went my way through the back door. “Hello there.” I greeted as I kneeled down to his head level.

“Who are you?”

“I should be asking you the same thing. Considering your situation, you'll answer first.”

“You damn little gi-Ah!” I hit him with the sack that has the swords in it.

“What’s inside of that!?”

“Swords. Why do you want this swords?” I opened up my sack show it to him. “The swords, why are they weak? It's so fragile.” I hit him again, harder than the last. His hood flew off.