Chapter 21: Auction and the Celestial White Tiger

We were on our way towards the market which was in the middle of the city but when we reach the bottom of the stairs, we were greeted by 10 guards and two generals that I knew. Big brother Fang and Big sister Chen.

"Oh. Look at we have here." Chen was surprised to see us, well, me, not Qing. She apparently picks up Qing after school because her patrol pattern intertwines with the school.

"Big sister Chen!" I rushed to her for a hug with a smile. Yay! More money in my pocket! "We're going to the market. Want to come sis?" Qing asked. "Hmmmm..I guess I could take a break, Fang, if you could." Chen said.

"Understood, troops dismissed." Fang dismisses the patrol squad that was behind him and Chen. They immediately continue their march. "Are you guys going out somewhere?" Chen asked. "We're going the market, Little Mei wanted to go to the market," Qing responded. Chen had a mischievous smile on her face. "I got something better than a market." she said. "Your Highness, please don't. She's too young and it's bad business." I wonder what Fang is trying to say?

"What do you mean? She will eventually know sooner or later, might as well make her learn it now?" she stated, learn it? What did she mean learn it? Am I going through another hellish tutoring by Big sister Qing!? I don't wanna!

Fang step back after that statement, "You two, come with us to the Auction!" She declared with a smile while Fang sighed.

The two of us follow Chen and Fang, they gave us cloaks beforehand. I don't to wear it because we look shady especially walking through a dark alleyway.

"Here it is. It's convenient that it's outside the market." She said in relief. There was a worn down metal door to the side of the wall of the alley. It's almost camouflage with the stone wall.

We entered a big room, no, it wasn't big. It was like a theater! The luxurious red carpeting on the floor. The chairs were filled with people in the middle of this big room was a tall gold plated round stage, the chairs were surrounding it, it was like a circle but in the middle is the stage. "Welcome to the Auction!" A beautiful young girl in red Cheongsam greeted. "If you please could follow me this way, valuable customers." She said as she went on her way.

We went up the stairs, I guess we are going to the balconies, there were three floors, we stop on the first one, the first balcony to the right was our balcony, the girl stops in front of the curtains on the side, she pulled the curtains to the side, "If you please." She said politely. We sat on the 4 comfy chairs, with red cushions. We sat on the chairs. It felt comfortable and we had the front of the view of the whole auction.

"Don't spend too many coins." Fang warn Chen, "I don't want the country to suffer a financial crisis." He added, "Sure, sure." Chen said nonchalantly, she turned her eyes to me and smiled. "Now, little sister, feel free to buy anything you want. Big sister here has a lot of purple coins to spend."

"Spendthrift." Qing teases Chen with a smug face. "Hey, it's important to spend your money, even if you're going overboard, unlike you I actually use them." She retorted. "It's important to save." Qing responded back "Cheapskate." Chen sneered at Qing. As this two are arguing about saving and spending. I think I should buy something that would boost my cultivation speed, as much as I like fancy powerful tools. It's important to buy things that would last long and benefit you in the long run.

I haven't spent much money, In fact, I haven't held a coin yet. The sun and moon continent uses coins in different colors. Copper coins are the basis. 100 copper coins would cost 1 silver coins, 100 silver coin would cost 1 gold coins, 100 gold coin would cost 1 purple coin, 100 purple coins would cost 1 red coin, the red coin is rare, Usually people, especially rich people only purple. So 50 purple coin would cost 50 million copper coins I think. I'm not sure, I'm not good at math.