Chapter 13: Unknown Visitors

We killed the family of beast in the matter of seconds. Me and Shi skinned and cooked the meat. By using my fire magic, I let the fire kindled on my hands and Shi is using my sword to roast the meat. We also skinned their furs, it's good to conserve Ki.

“Why do you hate me?”

“I don't, I’m just jealous.”

“Jealous that I took your sister away.”

“Yes. She protected me from our parents. They treated us like pigs. She was there for me. She always takes the blame and the hits. When you were gone for two weeks, my big sister has been worrying for you non-stop. It made me frustrated.”

“No matter what happens. I won't take your sister away, in fact. I don't want her.”

“Hahaha. She is a handful.”

“I can agree.”

We were smiling and laughing as we ate the meat of the sabertooths.

Qing dropped a pair of dodo birds that she was holding on her right hand and stared at us dumbfounded. “Didn’t I told you girls to not kill them?”

“We left you some. Eat it before they get cold big sister.” Shi said and I nodded in agreement.

Qing sighed and took the meat from Shi, and ate it. As we were finishing the meat, we heard a horn being blown. It was like a horn for war.

“Let's go. I want to see!” I run towards the direction of the horn.

“Me too! Me too! Wait for me Mei!” Shi followed  right behind me.

“Wait! Wait! This kids are such a handful.” Qing sighed as she follow us.

I was on the edge of a cliff, and saw a camp with wooden towers and tents. This is not a camp, it was an outpost.

“What it is? What it is?” I covered the mouth of Shi and drag her down with me on the rocky floor.

“Be quiet.” I whispered, Shi nodded, I took out my hand from her mouth and we peeked at the edge of the cliff. We saw red soldiers marching, cavalry practicing their charged against dummies.

“This...This is the Imperial Dynasty of Zhou.” Qing who was beside me was fascinated.

“Zhou?”

“Yes. A nation of elite martial artists. A powerhouse on this continent. It seems someone piss them off but why send 100,000 strong soldiers? A single or two would easily hunt them down. It seems someone powerful piss them up.  I used to read them in the history books.” Qing said. “We should go back home, now!” Shi added.

She was being pushy, dragging me away from the cliff as I resisted, “I don't want to go back.” I retorted, as I was struggling, I don't see Shi anywhere I got worried. “Where's Shi?” I asked. Qing stopped dragging me and head towards the cliff. There, she saw Shi climbing down the mountain towards the outpost.

“That stupid girl!” Qing follower her, so did I. What is she trying to do!?

Qing was faster than Shi, when we got to the bottom, Qing tackled Shi from escaping. “What were you thinking?” Qing asked in distraught. “Let go of me! I just wanted to take a clos-” I covered her mouth, and said “Be quiet” in a stern voice and drag them both down.

We were safe by the mountains but now, we're in unknown territory. We'll be look at as infiltrators of their enemies. We can't possibly hope to fight them all, in fact. I would rather avoid it for now.

Luckily, we have rocks to cover us from their sights. I let go of Shi’s mouth and pointed at the open field that I saw behind Shi and Qing. “Look.” I said.