Chapter 5: A new beginning

This morning during breakfast, I needed to go and find a valley that is identical to ours but my brother is not going to let me leave the house due to the recent event. So, I offered him tea, a tea that I made. A tea that made him sleep.

With him sleeping, I could finally travel to the deep valley. My magic is strong enough to maintain a realm of my own for at least three days, just enough time until the attack.

I flew above the sky and survey the mountainous region, the village's landscape is surrounded by mountains that's formed like a C-shape. I saw a mountain that looks similar to home, this will do.

Setting up a realm or illusion will take a couple of hours, I have to perfectly have an image of my home, If I break focus, the backslash will be severe but only if I break focus that is.

A couple hours later, I created it. It looks exactly the same, the buildings, fields, gardens and even people. With this I could avoid the destruction of my village, all I need now is my brother and think on how am I going to lure them here.

If it still follows the story, they will attack and kill everyone except for my brother because the main villain who goes by his alias 'Black Dragon' will spare him because it would be a waste to let the lone survivor die. That bastard, I want to kill him but I don't want to ruin the story any further. It is my brother's job to do it, I can only support him in the shadows.

Tonight, I have to put my brother in this place. Everything in this mirage is real, it feels real, it is beyond human comprehension to understand why this is real but at same time, it's not.

I went back to home by flying. When I went in, it's quiet, and empty. The air is feel with the wind and only the wind, this is my home, a home where I get come back to, a home where I can be love, a home where I can enjoy my life alongside my family but now, it's shattered like a mirror on the wall. Can be fix but can never be back what it used to be. Never.

I went to the room where my brother is sleeping, this will be a dark time, we wouldn't be seeing each other, it wouldn't be the last but it will take a long time to see each other again. I went beside him and I hold his big hand tightly, not wanting to let go, as I strongly held that hand, all of my memories rushed towards my head, making me remember all the fun times we had as a family. From my eyes, I shed tears like a rain. No, like a storm.

I made contact with my forehead with his and then kiss his forehead. I gave him a note, a note that I made a long time ago. It won't ruin the story, it's actually a part of the story and it comes along with a ring. "Goodbye brother." I whispered. With a kiss from me, he disappear from thin air, he was teleported to the realm I created.

I can't give him anything else, I can't give him charms of protection or power. It would only hinder the plot.

Here I am again, all alone. Brother's gone, father's crippled, mother is dead. I took a sit on the bed and curl myself up. I sat there for hours, staring at an empty space.

It's cold, it's quiet. Feeling depress, I went to collect flowers in the garden and place it down in front of my mother's grave. I kept staring and staring at her grave, feeling sadness and anger, by the time I came back to my senses, it was already night time.

The attack will start tomorrow night, whoever goes near the mountain where the real village is at, those people will make great stress relievers for my needs.

I could only hope that big brother will live, no. He has to live, this is his story ,and this is where I begin mine.