Chapter 1

alright wow here's the third book wooo

-------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria's P.O.V.

"Luke! Victoria! Get down here I need to talk to you!" My mother calls from downstairs.

Luke groans and I sigh.

So Luke and I have now been engaged for a few months now, and we've actually done quite a bit of wedding planning.

Luke's basically moved into my mother's house with me, well I guess he's basically always somewhat lived here.

I now have a job as a waitress at a nearby restaurant and I absolutely hate it but I need to start saving money if Luke and I ever want to get out of my mum's place.

"Let's go!" My mother yells.

Luke picks me up from my place on the bed and brings me downstairs.

"What do you need?" I ask as Luke puts me down.

"I have something really serious to discuss with you two." She replies.

Luke and I look to each other nervously as we sit down across from my mum at the table.

"I want to talk to you about living arrangements." She says.

"Please don't tell me you're kicking us out..." I mumble, as much as Luke and I could definitely afford that right now, having to move while planning the wedding would be hell. 

She chuckles, "No, I'm not kicking you two out, I'm moving out."

"You're what?!" I say my eyes widening.

Luke just sits there, his jaw dropped, completely speechless.

"I need to know if you two can handle this. I know you want to get a place of your own, but once you guys leave I won't need a house this big. I've been planning to move out once you guys do so why not do this instead?" She tells us.

It was my turn to be speechless while Luke spoke, "We can't just take your house from you..."

"You aren't taking it. I'm willingly letting you guys have it, as long as you don't burn it to the ground." She responds.

I take a deep breath, "Mum are you sure-"

"Yes, I'm sure. This will be my early wedding present to you guys." She smiles.

"Early wedding present? How early exactly?" I question.

She sighs, "Well I get the keys to my new apartment in like two weeks so-"

"Two weeks?! You went out, bought an apartment and didn't think to tell us until now?!" I exclaim.

Honestly, it's amazing to stay living here with Luke. I just can not believe she did this.

"You're being so difficult it's amusing." My mom chuckles.

"Yea, Vic can be like that." Luke quietly says.

I glare at him, "Not the time."

He stops smirking and looks down.

"Just accept the house and be quiet." She groans.

I shake my head, "This is too generous."

"Listen, if I'm going to move out when you two move out, then we would just have to sell the house. Instead of you guys having to pay for a house for the next twenty-some years of your lives, take this one. Your father and I paid it off just before he passed. Everything is easier if you just accepted the house." She says, clearly getting frustrated.