Chapter 31

Victoria's P.O.V.

"So, Vic. The guys and Brooke and Melissa are going to a party tonight, and I was going to go with them if you're okay with it." Luke tells me, sitting down next to me.

I look over at him a chuckle, "What am I your mother? Why are you asking for permission to leave?"

"You're my pregnant wife obviously I'm going to make sure you're okay with me leaving for the night. Plus we leave in a week so.." He replies.

"It's fine, Luke. Have fun. Just because I can't doesn't mean you can't." I tell him.

"But, Vic."

"It's okay." I smile.

One of the twins kick and I take Luke's hand, placing it on my stomach.

"I don't know if this is my little man or my little angel, but whoever you are, you're very strong." Luke mumbles to my belly, making me smile.

"Luke?" I call.

"Yes?"

"I love you, so much." I whisper.

"I love you baby." Luke smiles, pressing his lips to mine.

After a few moments Luke asks, "Does this ever scare you sometimes?"

"Does what scare me?" I question.

"The babies. Like, just that they're ours and just taking care of them and stuff, doesn't it scare you?" He mumbles.

He moves, resting his head on my shoulder and traces shapes with his fingers on my bump.

"I guess. But it's okay to be nervous, there's two babies coming." I tell him.

"I'm excited, but I'm scared." Luke says. "I can't wait to hold them."

"Well you're going to have to wait." I chuckle. "They aren't ready to come yet."

"Yea, yea, If they come early there's complications or whatever, I know." He replies, standing up.

"It's not a whatever, this is your babies and me. Luke, really serious things could happen if they're born early and now you've got me freaking out."

"Baby, baby relax." He softly says, kneeling in front of me and taking my hands in his. "These babies won't be coming anytime soon, you're okay. We're okay."

I smile before he presses his lips to mine.

"I promise that I'll be here for you when they're born, I promise everything will be okay. Don't ask me how I'm promising you all this, just trust me, alright?"

-

"Are you sure you're okay with it?" Luke asks.

"For the thousandth time, yes." I reply, rolling my eyes.

He sighs, "Alright."

"Who's ready to get wasted!" Brooke yells as she walks into the house, Ashton following closely behind her.

"She already had a little to drink." Ashton mumbles.

"Dear god." Luke mutters.

"Have fun baby." I chuckle before he he quickly presses his lips to mine.

Just as Luke, Ashton and Brooke are leaving Jess arrives with Zoe.

"Hey Vic." Jess smiles. "How far along are you now? Like twenty-six weeks?"

"Yea, exactly." I smile.

"Have you and Luke been setting everything up for the babies?" She asks.

"Yea, it's been pretty great." I smile. "What about you? Your baby turned one last week."

"It's crazy, she's been with us for a year now, it feels like just yesterday I was going through a lot of pain to get her here." She smiles.

Zoe giggles as she walks over to where Jess is sitting.

Jess chuckles as she picks her up.

"Jess, how are you and Cal?" I question.

"I knew this was coming.." She mutters.

"Tell me." I demand.

"We're alright, I guess. I was ready to leave a few days ago though. It's hard, Vic." She mumbles.

"What about with Zoe though? You two are doing okay with her?" I ask.

"Zoe has been walking which has been crazy for us, if we take our eyes off her for a second she's taken off on us." She chuckles.

"She's so cute." I smile. "I say that so often."

"She's growing up so fast," She whispers. "My mum always used to say that to me, and I never understood, all I wanted to do is grow up. I just want Zoe to stop."

"Do you ever feel like you grew up too fast?" I ask.

"I guess. I mean I have a baby, I had to grow up fast." Jess replies.

"I grew up fast, I know I did. Luke and I got married at eighteen. I'm now nineteen and I'm pregnant. I feel like I should be thirty right now." I mutter.

"But you're happy, right?" Jess questions.

"Yea, I'm happy. But do you not think Luke and I should've waited a few years to get married?"

Jess sighs, "Personally, I think it was alright for you guys to get married. You've known each other since you were like ten or whatever even if you did wait a few years you guys would still feel the same way about each other you do now."

"But that's what I'm saying, since we'd still feel the same, we could've waited." I reply.

"Okay, what psychotic fan tweet is getting to your head this time?" She questions.

"It's just.. There's always comments about how we're so young and that everything is moving to fast with us a-and I don't know.."

"Vic, relax. The two of you.. everything right now is perfect for you guys. Why would you want to change what you guys have?"

"Luke said the same thing recently, They everything is perfect." I tell her.

"Because it is!" She exclaims.

I smile, "I guess."

"Please, you know." She chuckles.

"You know what would make everything perfect? If the two in here stopped kicking so much." I mutter as I rub my baby bump.

"I thought it sucked having Zoe kick me all the time but you've got two. I feel so bad for you." Jess replies.

I roll my eyes before she puts Zoe down again to let her play.

-

A phone ringing wakes me up, but it's not mine, it belongs to Jess.

I guess we both fell asleep on the sofas.

She groans, "It's Calum. Why is he calling at three in the morning just come home dammit."

"Hello? Oh my god. O-okay. We'll be there soon." Jess quickly speaks into the phone.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"L-Luke. H-h's in th-the hospital." Jess quietly stutters.

"What? Why?!" I panic, my heart beating faster and faster.

"He's in coma.."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe you all thought the bad thing would be the babies being born while he was on tour come on people I'm not that predictable

BUT HEY I LOVE CLIFFHANGERS I MIGHT UPDATE TOMORROW I MIGHT UPDATE IN A WEEK I LITERALLY LOVE MYSELF