Chapter 22

hello I'm scared for your reactions to this I hope it's okay

------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria's P.O.V.

All morning I had been with Jess working on the nursery, which is coming along pretty well. Most of my afternoon I spent with Zoe, but now the two of them are upstairs on a call with Calum.

Jess rushes down the stairs, tears streaming down her face, with Zoe in her arms.

"What happened?" I ask.

"H-he cheated on me." She mumbles, not wanting to believe it.

I take Zoe from her, and Jess sits next to me on the sofa, bringing her hands to hide her face.

"Are Zoe and I not enough for him?! I-I don't know what to think or to say, he fucked some slut!" She shouts through her tears.

"He.. He what? Calum cheated?" I ask as I put Zoe down.

Jess nods as she sniffles.

I pull her into a hug, "I'm so sorry."

"He says he was drunk, but that's not an excuse for him to go off and do this!" She exclaims.

"I..." I start, but trail off. I have no idea what I'm supposed to say.

She sniffles before muttering, "This promise ring is a load of bullshit."

"Jess.."

"I-I'm sorry, I need some time." She whispers, standing up and rushing out of the house.

Zoe mumbles from the floor as she watches her mother leave.

"She'll be back sweetheart. I promise." I mutter as I pick her up.

Zoe yawns, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Let's get you to bed." I mumble.

As soon as I put Zoe to bed she begins to cry.

I sigh, "Mum is gonna be home soon Zoe, just go to sleep, she'll be here in the morning."

Picking her back up, I rock her in my arms until she slowly starts falling asleep.

I put her back to bed and make my way downstairs just on time to see Jess come through the door.

"Vic?" Jess says, her voice cracking.

"Yes?" I question.

"Why am I not good enough?" She says, breaking down into sobs.

"Jess.." I whisper, rushing to her side.

"Wh-why? Even after everything we've been through I never thought it would come to this." She cries.

"Calum's an idiot for doing what he did." I whisper, "You're amazing Jess, and if he can't see that it's his loss."

"B-but I love him. I love him so much, and this is what I get in return! How could he do this to me?" She exclaims, pulling away from me.

"Just let it out." I mumble

"We have a fucking child! We have an eight month old daughter, is he that stupid? God dammit, I thought we would be able to make it. I really did. I was so fucking wrong! How could he have sex with some other girl while I'm stuck here watching our baby!" She shouts, her tears not stopping.

"I-I.." I start, but I have no idea what to say, again.

"You don't have to say anything, I just needed to vent." She mumbles