Chapter 3

Victoria's P.O.V.

"What?" Luke asks Cal.

"Jess and I." He repeats as he comes to sit.

"What happened?" I ask.

"We keep fighting, I can't do it anymore." He whispers.

"Hold on a second, you guys seemed fine.. Are you guys over?" Luke questions.

They really did seem fine... 

"No, I mean I don't think so? I don't know. It's just.. Zoe. I need to be there for her. I just can't do this right now." He sighs. "Do you think I could just stay here for tonight?"

"For sure. But Calum, if you and Jess do end things, promise me you'll always be there for Zoe." I tell him.

That would be one of the worst that could happen, Calum not being around Zoe anymore.

"I would never, ever leave my little girl because her mother and I aren't together anymore." He states. "I mean, you guys are all friends with Jess too so even if things did end I would still see her all the time.. maybe? I'm just confused-"

"How about you get some sleep, we can all talk in the morning." I say with a weak smile.

He nods and I tell him he can stay in James' old room so he heads upstairs.

"This sucks." I mumble.

"Hopefully the two of them will be able to work things out." Luke quietly replies.

I yawn, "I'm going to bed."

"But I'm not tired, stay with me." He whines.

"Just come upstairs with me." I reply.

Luke stands up first and grabs my hand, pulling me up.

"So, Luke," I say as I climb into bed, "The wedding-"

"Wow I'm so tired why don't we go to sleep." He quickly says, cutting me off.

I sigh, "Luke, we're planning on getting married in a couple months, it's not going to happen if you keep doing this shit. Do you not realize we literally have no time? I've done a lot so far on my own, I just want your input. It's our day."

Luke pulls me closer to him and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"I'm sorry baby. After we deal with Calum tomorrow I'll spend the whole day planning the wedding with you." He softly says.

My phone rings making me groan.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey." Jess softly says, sounding as if she was crying.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

"Um, yea. I just was wondering if Calum was there?" She says.

"He's staying here tonight.. Are you two okay?" I question.

She sniffles, "I have no idea..."

I frown, even though she can't see me, "Everything will work out, Jess."

At least I hope they will..

"You think so?" She questions.

"Well-" I start but she cuts me off.

She groans, "Sorry Vic, Zoe's crying. I-I have to go."

Jess ends the call and I sigh.

"Baby, they'll be okay." Luke whispers as he pulls me close to him.

"What if they aren't going to be okay?" I question.

"Don't think like that." He quietly replies.

I yawn and just drop the subject, "Night Luke."

"Goodnight baby." He sighs, pressing a kiss to my forehead

-

When I wake up Luke isn't beside me which is strange, since he usually stays in bed with me until I get up, that's if he's even awake before me. 

I get changed and once I get downstairs I see Luke and Calum sitting on the sofa just talking.

They're probably discussing what's going on between Jess and Cal.

"I don't know why we keep getting in random fights. I wish I knew so we could fix what it is." Calum sighs.

"Have you guys at least tried talking about it?" Luke asks.

"Only a few times.." He replies.

"Calum you guys should really try talking it out.." I softly say, approaching the two of them.

He nods, "I'll go now."

"Good luck." Luke says.

"See you, Calum." I mumble.

Once Calum leaves I go over to Luke and sit on his lap.

"Luke.." I whine.

"Yes?" He asks.

"You said you would do wedding planning with me today." I smile.

He groans, "Fuck. I did, didn't I."

The smile leaves my face as he speaks.

"Stop it." I pout.

"Stop what?" He asks.

"Saying you don't want to plan our wedding." I frown.

He sighs, "Sorry but.."

I don't think he realizes it hurts when he complains about planning the wedding. It's like he doesn't care about it. If he doesn't care about the wedding why are we even having one?

"Luke, if you don't want to have the wedding just tell me." I tell him as I stand up. "I'll understand." 

"What makes you think I don't want to have the wedding?" He questions, trying to pull me back on his lap but I pull away.

"Um, I don't know, maybe that you complain or change the subject every time I bring it up?" I reply.

"Baby-"

"No, Luke. I'm tired of this. There's not a point." I sigh walking off.

"Vic, please." He comes up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Let go of me." I demand as I try to break free from his grasp but there's no point, he's too strong.

"Listen to me, I love you and I can't wait to get married. I just don't want to spend three hours trying to pick out stupid things." He says.

"So it's stupid now?" I question.

"No- fuck, Vic. I don't mean it like that." He groans.

I take a deep breath, "Whatever Luke, I don't care anymore."

"You don't care about what?" He softly asks as he lets go of me.

"I don't care about this 'stupid' wedding." I reply.

He looks down, "You-you don't?"

I stay quiet for a moment before answering, "It hurts, doesn't it?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

oooooooh

so I updated today since I won't be updating for a while since I have this huge test coming up everybody in my grade across the province has to do this test and all week we're preparing for it so I'm going to be getting waaay too much homework so no updates until after the test :( 

hope this was alright though :) 

Vote and Comment?