Chapter 40

but really how is it already chapter 40 when did this happen

-----------------------------------------------------

Victoria's P.O.V.

The twins are only a week old, and Luke and the guys have been called in for a meeting.

Brooke is currently here, but complains when the twins cry. I don't know why she's complaining right now, considering the twins are sleeping upstairs.

"Why do babies cry so much?" Brooke asks.

"Brooke..." I mutter in a wanring tone.

"Well it's annoying, they're cute and all, but why cry." She replies.

"Alright, Brooke. These babies mean a lot to me and the way you always complain about them is really getting on my last nerve." I tell her.

She stays quiet and I continue, "I love you, but for some reason you hate babies so much, and that's fine! But you don't need to go around complaining about my babies when we're right here! Why do you even hate babies this much!?"

"Because I can't have kids!" She exclaims.

Right after she does she looks as if she regrets telling me.

"Wh-what?" I quietly question.

"I-I can't have babies, Vic." She repeats.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper, pulling her into a hug.

"Well it's not that I can't, there's just a slim chance that I'll ever get pregnant." She quietly cries. "Ever since I found out I guess I just get jealous that others are having babies and I never will."

She pulls away from our hug and sniffles, "When Jess told me you had thought about getting rid of the twins, honestly I was furious because you're so lucky, you're able to have kids and you got two."

"Brooke, I-I'm really sorry." I mumble.

"I-I'm just scared because Ashton and I are getting really serious. I'm afraid for the future because I know he's going to want kids and I can't give that to him." She cries. "A-and that's why I've been in such a shitty mood lately b-because I think I'm going to b-break up with him Vic."

"No, Brooke, no.. Why would you break up with him?"

"Because I can't give him what he wants! He's been saying things about how great it would be to have a cute family and he's always commenting on babies, he's turning into Luke!" She replies.

What the hell is going on with this band? Isn't two of them with kids enough for now? It's weird thinking this, but Michael is the only sane one right now.

"You need to talk to him about this. He needs to know. And there's other ways for you two to have a family." I tell her.

"I want to be able to experience pregnancy. I know we can still have kids in the future through other means, but what if that's not what he wants?" She says, seeming like she's ready to cry. 

"This is why you and Luke have been so secretive lately, isn't it? You told him, but not me." I whisper.

She nods, "I'm sorry. I figured he would've been able to help me figure out things with Ashton. When I tell him, if I even do.. He'll break up with me. S-so I was thinking of breaking up with him instead of having to go through all of that."

"You should tell him. Like, soon." I reply.

"I was planning on doing something tonight, wether it's telling him or breaking up with him." She says.

"Don't break up with him, there's a chance you'll stay together." I tell her.

She sighs, "I'll tell him."

"Vic?! I'm home!" Luke yells, and I hear the door slam.

He comes to sit on the sofa and smiles.

"You need to be here as a witness. Brooke said she's telling Ashton tonight." I say.

"Telling him about the whole-"

"Not getting pregnant thing? Yea, that." Brooke finishes Luke's sentence.

"How do you think it's gonna go?" Luke asks.

"He's probably going to freak out, ask why I didn't tell him earlier, then break up with me." She mumbles.

"He might be okay with it.." Luke replies.

"No he won't. I would make jokes telling him not to get me pregnant, he thinks I can have kids. Do you not get that I can't." She replies.

"Why don't you just go tell him. The longer you wait the more afraid you'll get." I tell her.

She takes a deep breath and nods, "I'll go. I-I'll go tell him."

"Good luck." Luke says before going upstairs to the twins.

"You'll be okay." I tell her as she leaves.

She smiles and nods, taking a deep breath and heading out.

Seconds later Jess shows up at the door.

"Please, can we talk?" She asks.

"If it's about Calum.. I really can't right now, I need to take care of the twins."

"I-I'll just call you later." She tells me.

"Jess, wait I have a question. A few days ago, you told me you and Calum fucked, right?" I say.

"Yea.." She slowly says.

"Please, please tell me you used protection so you won't get pregnant again." I mutter.

"Oh, obviously. Do you think I would let him impregnate me again? Hell fucking no." She replies.

I just laugh, "Alright."

"I'll call you later." She calls, heading off.

"Baby!" Luke calls.

I go upstairs to the twins room to see Luke holding Matt and Luke smiles at me.

"He looks like me." He whispers, staring at Matt.

"He does." I smile.

I take Livy and sit in the rocking chair, laying her on my lap and hold her little hands in mine.

"She's so beautiful." I quietly say.

Livy opens her eyes and I smile, "Hey baby girl."

Matt starts crying and Luke sighs when realizing he needs to be changed.

"Matt, relax.." Luke whines.

Olivia starts falling asleep so I pick her up, cradling her tightly in my arms.

"Oh god!" Luke yells.

I laugh, "The joys of having babies."

"He's lucky I love him." Luke mutters when finishing.

"You're the one that wanted this. Welcome to parenthood." I chuckle.

He sighs, "I'm so tired."

"Again, welcome to parenthood." I smile.

There's a knock at the door and I groan before going downstairs.

I open the door to a crying Brooke.

"H-he.. He broke up with me."

------------------------------------------------------

hiiiii

I hope this was okay!!