Chapter 18

Victoria's P.O.V.

One night in the hospital has been enough for me, it's a good thing they're going to let me leave tonight.

We were given more information when I woke up, this still doesn't seem real to me. 

"Seven weeks? How are you already seven weeks?" Jess wonders out loud.

Seven weeks ago was before the wedding.

"There was one night, almost two weeks before the wedding when Luke and I were completely drunk-"

"Vic if you didn't want a baby you should've used protection dammit." She replies.

"You can't say anything you have Zoe." I mutter, "We were so drunk, I don't even remember what happened that night."

"Well, I am very excited about the babies. Vic, believe me, when you see them for the first time, you will feel so in love and overwhelmed you will sob. They will be the best thing to ever happen to you, and I know it." 

I sigh, "I guess so, I really don't know. I just know Luke would be so happy."

"Oh, by the way, Brooke asked if she could come visit you so I told her she could. It's up to you if you're going to tell her about the twins or not." Jess says. 

"I'll tell her, she knows about the pregnancy anyways so..." 

After a few minutes, Brooke shows up and comes over to hug me. 

"Hey, you're doing okay, right?" She asks. 

I nod, "I'm doing well, actually." 

"So, it's official? You're pregnant?" She ask. 

"I am officially pregnant." I chuckle.

She smiles, "I'm happy for you, Vic."

"It's also twins, just by the way." 

She gasps, "Are you serious?!" 

I laugh and nod.

"It's going to be crazy with three babies around." Brooke chuckles. 

"I'm excited!" Jess exclaims. 

"Can we just start getting ready to go home? I don't want to keep thinking about this right now. I don't want to be here any longer than I have to be." 

-

"Mummy Hemmings and Hemmings babies are home!" Jess exclaims, even though nobody is here.

I groan, "Don't call me that. Mummy Hemmings is supposed to be Luke's mum, not me."

"Well that's unfortunate, you're going to be a mother, Vic." Jess chuckles. 

I go sit down, and Jess groans. 

"Vic, we're going out again, remember?" 

"Right, I forgot." I mumble. 

"We literally just discussed it on the way home." She says.

"I'm pregnant give me a break." 

"That whole pregnancy brain really is real." She laughs.

"I don't know what you're talking about and I don't care." I mutter. 

"Pregnancy brain? When pregnant women just forget things randomly?" She chuckles.

I roll my eyes, "That has not happened to me." 

"At the hospital you asked where your phone was and you had just put it down beside you. You just forgot a conversation we had ten minutes ago." 

"Okay, whatever. Just get ready to go." I mutter, taking Zoe from her.

Jess and I are going to go look for some stuff to possibly start setting up a nursery. Surprising Luke with many baby things would be great, so we decided to just start setting up the babies room. 

I'm hoping that going shopping will get me more excited. It's still so difficult to wrap my head around the fact that I'm currently pregnant. This will definitely help me feel better about it. Being able to tell Luke will make this better.

"Zoe, hey baby girl." I smile, looking down at the little one smiling up at me. 

When Jess is finally ready, we go to pick up Brooke. 

"Hey, Vic? Have you talked to Luke at all?" Brooke asks when getting in the car.

"No, not really. Ever since we told him I was sick he doesn't call as much. We were texting a little bit earlier, but he was just checking up on me." I tell her. 

"Do you think he knows you're pregnant?" Jess asks. 

"If he knew he would've said something. It's Luke, he'd be oblivious to the symptoms." 

We finally get to the first place we're shopping at, and I already know we'll probably fight over everything. 

-

We fought a bit, but it was all fine. We picked out a lot for the room, it's going to be adorable.

"I think we should probably tell Melissa soon." Brooke says.

"Well she's away for the next week, so I'm going to just wait to tell her when I tell the guys." I reply. 

"I think we're going to need to head home, Zoe is starting to fall asleep here." Jess chuckles.

We head out to the car and head home, Brooke and Jess arguing over different colours for the twins room.

"Guys, we'll figure this all out later, okay? You're being annoying." 

"Shit, don't annoy the pregnant lady." Brooke mutters.

I roll my eyes, because this is how I'm going to be treated for months now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

hey thanks for reading this mess of a chapter