Chapter 4

Victoria's P.O.V.

"What happened?" My mum asks as she walks into my room.

"What?" I say as I sit up

"Luke left a few minutes ago, he said to tell you he's really sorry. What was going on?" She questions.

I lean into her and she runs a hand through my hair.

"We fought about the wedding." I whisper.

"I thought you guys haven't done any planning together recently?" She asks.

"Exactly. He keeps complaining about planning and I'm tired of him seeming like he doesn't care. We should do this together, this is supposed to be a happy time." I softly say.

She sighs, "You know he does care. He's a guy, he's going to act like this. Trust me. You aren't going to get much out of him. Even if you did convince him to plan with you, he would probably just agree to everything you say to get it over with. It's better if you do plan yourself."

"That's not an excuse. I don't care that he's a guy. He asked me. I can't plan a whole wedding by myself. I don't want to plan a wedding by myself. I want him to care, just a little." I groan.

"I'm here to help, Jess is probably more than willing to help also." She replies.

I nod, "I know that. I just wish Luke would show some interest. I mean, it's our wedding..."

"I know how you feel. I'm sure he'll come around soon, he's clearly starting to see his attitude is having an impact on you." She replies.

"I guess. I don't know. I just- whatever." I sigh.

"One question, what was said that made Luke so upset? He looked like he was ready to cry before he left." She asks.

"I-I told him I didn't care about our wedding.." I mumble.

"Victoria.." She groans.

"Well sorry that he has been complaining and I got annoyed. He's been acting like he doesn't care so.." I reply.

"I know, I know." She says as she stands up before leaving my room.

"I have to go to work soon." I mutter to myself.

After a few minutes I get a call saying I don't have to work the evening shift again today.

Now I guess I'll wait until Luke comes home.

~

Luke's P.O.V.

"I'm just annoyed." I say, taking another swig from my now third, wait- maybe fourth beer.

"Luke it is your wedding, she does have a right to be annoyed with you." Calum replies.

"You two need to stop drinking." Jess sighs as she walks into the room, grabbing Zoe.

"Jess, we don't need your input." Calum responds.

She sighs before walking out of the room with her little girl.

"See this is why you guys are having problems." I inform him.

"She should know I'm basically drunk by now and to ignore me, and we aren't here to discuss me we're discussing you and Vic." He slurs.

"She's trying to force me to help plan our wedding. Like she's accusing me of not wanting the wedding, of course I want to have the wedding. I love her. Fuck, I love her so much. I just don't want to plan it. Last time we planned I was asked what shade of white to go with. How many fucking shades of white is there?" I rant, taking a sip from my drink.