Chapter 4

I'm so tired of all that's happening to me.

Why me?

What have I done that's so bad to deserve this level of cruelty?!

I didn't even ask to be here!

I was dragged against my own will, became the center of pranks, had to live through hell and this is what I get; being locked in a stinky room in a probably unknown part of school. This is it I thought, this is how I die. With whatever power left in me after all that crying I started to scream again.

"LET ME OUT! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! LET ME OUT! PLEASE! ANYONE! PLEASE!" I started screaming hysterically.

It took me a whole fifteen minutes of crying, screaming and banging to realize that no one was coming to save me. Then a realization hit me; I still have my bag with me. The place was so dark it took me for forever to realize where I was. It was damp, smells like the boys' locker room, and I could hear mice creeping somewhere.

It takes no genius to figure out that it's the school basement. Honestly school is not the right place to build a basement! What if someone dies in here and is never found, or worse, what if that someone is me!

Oh my God no. I have to find a way out of here.

I took out my phone, and a "just my luck" moment slammed into my face when I saw that it had no reception what so ever. I tried calling anyone I could, but it wouldn't call because of the reception. I started sobbing to myself. I sat against the wall with my knees to my chest and starting rocking; something I always did when I was nervous.

"This is it," I said out loud as more of a reality, "this is how I die."

I took out my phone again and against the tears, wrote a text message to my friends.

To: Brendi; Sab; Ashton; Aaron; Jaycee;

Text: guys help me!! I'm locked in the basement! Brad locked me in here and this place is CRAWLING with spiders! Please HURRY!! CODE RED!!!"

Thirty minutes after sending that text, I realized that there was no reception and I might actually be trapped in here forever; ok not forever but I am allowed a moment or two of drama ok?

I started rocking even harder and I just let myself cry. I cried for all the times I let that jerk and every one of his friends annoy me all these years.

Cried for all the times I decided it was payback time and cowered away.

Cried for the humiliation I let myself endure without doing anything about it.

For all the times I let my weakness and fear get the best of me.

I cried for allowing myself to be weak and a complete pushover and not even telling anyone about it. I heard movement down the stairs and I rocked even harder without even daring to look.

All of the sudden it got really hard to breathe and I was sweating so much that my shirt was soaking. I took off my hoodie and just put it on me. The sounds down the stairs were more frequent now but I just couldn't get myself to look. Another weird sound got my whole body jumping. I closed my eyes and buried my head in my knees. I started humming tunes to different songs I knew and I stayed in that position for so long I lost count.

As my body was succumbing to the numbness and the severe heat and dehydration, I entered a world scarier than the one I was already trapped in.

I was walking down a scary and deserted hallway. It looked like it came right out of a horror movie because it also looked familiar. The walls and floors were so dirty and blood stained that it looked like the place was abandoned years ago.