Chapter 22

Needless to say our party was cut short. Now everyone knew everything about everything; Alexander and Denis included. Jaycee's dad, Commissioner James Royce decided to get a squad to accompany everyone to their respective homes and he even left a patrol car in our house; in case anything happens. Worst of all? They took my phone, in an attempt to track down the person who sent that text message.

I already knew that they wouldn't find anything because they probably sent it out from a computer AND kept jumping servers which meant that it'll never be triangulated to a certain location.

Before they left, Commissioner Royce told us that we would be taking the next few days before the break off, and that we won't go to school until AFTER winter break was over.

"But sir, winter formal is THIS Thursday. We can't not go!" Wailed Brenda, who prepared a dress since the beginning of senior year.

"Yeah! I bought my things already and even booked a salon appointment!" Added Sabrina.

"I'm sorry ladies but I can't do that. When all this is over, I'll make you one myself." Saying that made Sabrina and Brenda groan in disappointment. I don't mind because no one asked me anyways AND I'm not really a party person. Besides, I'd much rather spend every waking time with my brother. It still feels weird to say that.

"So here's the deal." He started after we all sat in a circle. "It seems like at first, he was targeting Jared and Vanessa, then he targeted CJ, then Alexis, and now he's threatening all of you. You children are like my own and I would go to any lengths to protect you. So after a lot of arguing we decided to send you children to stay at a guest house somewhere isolated with undercover police officers to protect you. You guys," he said turning to my parents," will leave the state for a while until all of this is settled."

"I can't leave my babies!" Said mom, almost in tears.

"Vanessa, honey, we're not abandoning them. We're going separate ways until all this is over. Or at least until the police handle it." Said my dad, comforting her.

"Yes Jared. We'll make sure that the children are alright, you have my word." Says the commissioner. His need to protect us reminded me of what Jaycee said to me about his sister.

"Ok. Tonight you children will pack your things for a 3 week vacation." Said the commissioner before Jaycee interrupted him.

"Vacation to where? Alcatraz?"

"Uh no buddy, I was thinking more towards Arkham or Azkaban."

Wow Mr. Royce and sass; never knew.

"But dad..." he started, whining like a little baby.

"Jaycee I know how much you care for Alexis, so I'm sure you would want to keep her safe. Would you rather something happen to her?" He says, making me blush and making my dad give Jaycee a glare.

"Wow great to know that we matter to you too bud." Said Sabrina, patting his shoulder. "It's not like you used to steal my crayons and eat them or anything."

"Of course you matter to me Reena, you guys are my family." He said hugging us all.

Then he continued. "But this is Alexis we're talking about; she always comes first." He said patting my shoulders. MAN was I blushing. I realized that he slowly took his hands off me. I look up and I see my dad glaring at him.

"But where are mom and dad going?" Asked CJ, turning our attention to him.

"Your mom and dad will travel out of state with a police escort. Each and every one of you will leave; the rest of the parents are staying here. Ok kids you need to go pack right now because we're leaving early in the morning.