Chapter 61

"No Alexis! I won't let you do this do you hear me!" Whispered Giovanni.

Even after all that he told me, I could never figure out why he is so adamant on helping me.

"Come with me." He said as he extended his arm out for me to take. I looked backwards and forwards between him and his arm, my head spinning too fast for me to focus on anything.

When he saw that i was in a completely different world, he tossed me over his shoulder, slowly shut the door behind him and motioned for his friend to come forth.

"They have us locked down, and they're going to stop at nothing to kill us all." He said, quickening his pace.

"Let Royce and his friends go! We're all leaving here." He said, as he put me down on the moldy floor.

"What the hell is going on?" They all asked at once as they huddled around each other.

"The weirdos upstairs shot one of our own and they're threatening to kill all of us if we don't hand her in."

"And there's no way on earth we're going to do that of course." Said Alec.

"No way in hell." Replied Giovanni. "Instead we need to come up with a way so we can all make it out of here safely. What do you say Royce? We're in this together?" He asked, extending his arm.

"We're in this together." Replied Jay hesitantly, taking his arm to shake.

"Doesn't mean I like you. I will fight you, but not in front of Lexi." He said, looking at me all lovingly.

Did that go unnoticed by Jaycee? Of course it didn't.

"Lexi? It's Ms. Pierce to you dipstick!" He said, pushing him aside and picking me up.

"Whatever heathen. Ok gentlemen, this is it. We need to find a way out of here or else we're all going to be shish-kebab for dinner. Any suggestions? Does anyone know this place good enough?"

No one said anything for a good second.

"Wow you New Yorkers are really useless even in your own city." Started Ashton. "Yo Reena, Brenda you guys still there?" He said through his intercom.

"Yup! Locked and loaded baby! What's up?" Replied Sabrina.

"Can you guys pull up the blue print for the old factory down by the river?" Said Jaycee, stroking my hair and making sure to keep me away from Giovanni.

"Uh yeah just a second." Said Brenda as she heavily typed away on something. "Ok got it, you guys are currently in the basement that is not exactly connected to the factory itself."

"What does that mean?" Asked Alec Xander.

"Well, it means that there's only one exit and it's the door at the end of the hallway that has ascending stairs that lead upwards towards the backyard of the factory." She was quiet for a while, typing away. "But there is an exit somewhere here."

"Somewhere where woman?" Replied Jace. "We're kinda running out of time here."

Before he managed to even finish his sentence, the door we just locked and barricaded started banging loudly.

"You nitwicks have about ten seconds to open the door before we blow up this entire place!" Yelled a muffled, manic voice.

"Ok guys we need to get moving right now. Ma'am can you please guide us to the nearest exit from here please." Said Giovanni.

Everyday you live and you learn. Who thought he would actually have manners?

"Ma'am? What am I? Your retired, veteran grandma? Turn back and literally run all the way to the end of the hallway, then turn left, there should be another door there. Pffft. Ma'am he said. Does it look like I'm a ma'am?" She whined off to Sabrina.