Chapter 11

That's poor ol' Mr. Blake in the media.

This chapter is dedicated to blare_spark_2005  for being an awesome reader and voter and commenter. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

___________•                           •____________
It was about 6 pm when we all went home that day. The police interviewed us separately before letting us go our own way. Since Sabrina and Brenda missed the school bus, I decided to give them a ride since Lexwith drove my car to school and left it for me in the parking lot.

After I dropped Brenda, I drove to Sabrina's house. It was mainly listening to music until she decided to have a conversation instead.

"Sooo Lexi, we're friends right?"

"Of course we are! Why do you ask?"

"I wanted to know if I'll ever be the maid of honour in  your wedding." She said smiling.

"My what? Who said I'm getting married? Hahahahah. And who would even waste their time loving me when they could be doing useful things like curing cancer?"

"First of all don't say that." She said smacking me.

"Ow! I'm driving!"

"Don't care. And second of all you don't even know how beautiful and intelligent you are! Alexis you're one of the nicest and most thoughtful humans I know because who else can forgive Jace the jerk-face for what he did? You're very pretty and that beauty of yours is frickin breathtaking! You're extremely smart and generous and adorable and a whole lot of other things I can't even count right now!
You know what your problem is? You can't see yourself from my point of view. Like someone once said "I wish others can see theirselves from someone else's point of view, only then would they know how special they are." And that's you Lexi, you're special, unique,  and intelligent. You're like a butterfly, you can't see your own beauty, but others can. You're my best friend and my sister and I love you so much Lexi." she said as she gave her pretty smile.

"Wow. I didn't think to actually see myself from someone else's point of view. Thank you so much Sabrina and of course I love you way more! People normally mix us up. Except for our eyes that is. But you still didn't tell me, what wedding?" I asked, trying to fight away the tears.

"Oh my God Lexi how naïve can you be? I mean from all the attention he's giving you and all the "I got you's" that he says you haven't figured out just how much he's head over heels for you?" She said in disbelief.

"Who exactly are you talking about? I don't know any guy who finds me remotely interesting for half a millisecond let alone head over heels for me." I said just as I drove towards her house.

Our houses are probably the closest to each other, both being 10 minutes away by car. Although I've offered to pick her up and drive her home multiple times, she always declines, saying I want to enjoy the view of the bus since its our last year.

She was about to say something when she abruptly stopped, her eyes widening in horror; and mine too.

"Lexi, casually drive by my house as if we're just passing by." She says almost crying.

I did what I was told without even needing an explanation other than my best friend's horrified face. A minute after we left the house, we both let out a breath we didn't realize we were even holding.

Then Sabrina decided to speak up.

"So you might be wondering why I told you to stop." She took my silence as a sign of wonder and she continued.