Chapter 7

"You wake her up"

"No you wake her up" I heard Brenda reply.

"Dude the last time I even came close to her when she was asleep, she attacked me. Like legit jumped on me and almost suffocated me with a pillow. I'm not doing that again." Said Ashton in exasperation.

"Well then someone call her so that she could wake up by the phone instead of one of us waking her up."

Idiots. Did they not think about the fact that their not so subtle voices could be the reason I wake up?

"My phone's on vibrate so it won't even ring." I said as I sat up, head feeling even worse than it did yesterday.

"Thank God you're awake! We thought you were in a coma." Said Sabrina as she came to hug me

"Ow ow the head Reena it still hurts like crazy." I said as i held my head in immense pain.

"Oopsies sorry Lex! I just really missed you so much."

"You missed me so much you decided to skip school for me?"

"Skip school? School ended like 2 hours ago! Damn those drugs must be strong!"

What? What? How long was I asleep for? I looked at the clock and sure enough it was 5:30.

"When I slept it was 1 am though, how could I have slept all that time? Well anyways," I continued, brushing it off, "how have you guys been? How's everyone in school? Is Brad dead yet?"

"Wow wow chill your horses Lex, and besides you've been gone for only one day. Nothing happened don't worry but Brad is being his idiot self as usual. Bullying people, taking people's lunches. The idiot acts as if his parents don't pack him a 7 star lunch. But forget that, you gotta tell us what happened to you."

"Well," I started, "When I got here apparently I flatlined and was brought back to life after like 10 minutes. Whoever brought me here also brought my things with him and even charged my phone...."

Brenda cut me before I could continue. "That is kind of sorta creepy. And he didn't even say what his name was?"

"You think THAT'S creepy? Well I guess I didn't tell you about the midnight semi-heart attack."

So I told them about the creepy guy and the things he said about killing me and stuff. Their faces looked pale as heck as they listened attentively.

This time it was Ashton who spoke.
"What if you misunderstood him? What if he's an actor practicing for his role?"

"Were you dropped on your head when you were a baby?" Said Brenda

"Ash. He was staring at me for a good 5 minutes before he left. But ya I'll just stop scaring myself and go with what you said." My head was really starting to hurt me. So much

"See Brenda I have a brain in there. Somewhere." He said clearly proud of himself.

"Wait Lex aren't you like, a computer genius? I'm pretty sure you can hack into the surveillance system and maybe we can catch the person red handed." Said Sabrina

"Well I could but not right now. My head is in so much pain right now I can't even think. Wait. Where's Jay Jay and weren't my parents supposed to be here by now?" I don't know why I didn't notice before.

"Jay went to get you actual food after, and I quote, he takes care of some things." Ashton said, shrugging his shoulder.

"And your parents called earlier and said they're stuck at this very important meeting which would probably last all day." Replied Sabrina.