Chapter 50

Jaycee's POV Continued:

My heart stopped beating.

What. The. Actual. Hell.

I was frozen right in my place, my eyes wide open.

"Dude. What's wrong?" Asked Ashton, as he took my phone from my shaking hand.

Who the hell is this?? Why are they after my gi.... Alexis?

You know what? She is MY girl, no matter how hard I try to deny it. No matter how hard I say she isn't, she always is. Always will be and no way in hell, heck, or heaven am I letting anything happening to her; not when I can protect her!

"How much do you want to bet that this is Giovanni and the Black Phoenix dirtbags?" Said Ashton in exasperation.

"But what does Alexis have to do with this?? She has nothing to do with anything!" I replied as I paced around the terrace, hands over my head.

"Do you want me to remind you with what they said? They said they will hurt us AND everyone we care about!! It takes no genius to see that Alexis means more than the galaxy to you. We all saw that since grade nine, no matter how hard you tried to play it off. Maybe they saw that too..." he trailed, as he appeared to be deep in thought.

"What's on your mind Ash?" I say as I returned to the sofa next to him.

"We know exactly how they look like, so I highly doubt that they would be in our plain sight."

"What's on your mind buddy?"

"I think that they have a member of their jerk-tourage spying on us. Think of it Jaycee, they will never intentionally put themselves in our line of sight, or anywhere near us for that matter. What if they have a new recruit spying on us? I mean how else would they know about everyone? They're not God."

"I think you're right! But what can we do? We have no clue where Alexis is and Annabelle would never tell us..." I said, my head pounding like crazy.

Whoever that person is, they know where she is and I don't. They have the ability to hurt her or kidnap her again and there's nothing I can do about it! I can't let anything happen to her again! I will find her even if that means putting my own life in danger.

"What are we supposed to do then?" Said Ashton, brining me out of my daze, but before I could answer he interrupted me with another statement; one I was forever dreading.

"Actually wait. Sit your butt down because you have a story to tell. I need to know what exactly happened to Giovanni's brother and who the hell he is to begin with!"

"Not now Ash. I need to find a way..." was all I got out before he lashed out at me.

"No! Now Jaycee! This explanation is seven months overdue!" He yelled. Then, even louder, added, "I lost her... my friend! Does it not bother you that you were partially to blame for her death! How many more people are going to get hurt because of you before you start caring for them?! You're telling me what I need to know, and I'm not taking no for an answer!"

I was in a daze just staring at him because I wasn't used to seeing him like this. So mad. So frustrated. So enraged. So......why in the world is he yelling at me for?

"Now Royce! Or I walk." He said slowly but surely; standing up to prove his point.

I sighed, motioned to the chair then walked over and sat on the chair opposite to him.

"Fine. What I'm about to tell cannot be told to anyone else because what I'm about to reveal could put more lives in danger."

I could see that he was contemplating an answer; anxiety apparent on his face.