Chapter 13

"Teach me how to fight,
I'll show you how to win.
You're my mortal flaw
And I'm your fatal sin.
Let me feel the sting....."
(AN: Warrior by Beth Crowley)

I picked up my phone to shut off that blaring ringtone. GOD why does it have to be so loud?!

Oh ya I know.

So my peaceful dreams about receiving my 3rd Nobel Prize could be rudely interrupted! I looked at the clock and it read 3.43 AM in bright pink.

UGH! This better be good. I looked at the contact name.

Jay(cee me rolling)👩🏽‍🚀.

Does this dude ever sleep?! I'm starting to think he gets frequent visits from Edward Cullen. When my eyes adjusted to the blinding white light that was burning through my retina, I answered.

A:Huro..

J: Hey Lexa. Were you sleeping?

A: It's 3 am Jaycee what else would I be doing? Hunting barracudas at a local cafe!!??

J: Damn! You need some crackers with that salt?

A: You really think that 3 AM is a good time for this?

J: I just wanted to ask you something.

A: What?

J: I think I'll tell you some other time since you're sleeping.

A: YOU ALREADY WOKE ME UP!

J: Hmph. I was going to visit you today but when I pulled over next to your house, I saw Jace Ross's car. What was he doing there?

A: Are you seriously calling me in the middle of the frickin night to talk to me about Jace?

J: Jace? So you're on first name basis now? I just want to know why he was there?

A: What else am I supposed to call him?! Why do you want to know?

J: Because.

A: Not a good enough answer.

J: Why won't you tell me?

A: I don't understand why it's important to you?

I was getting frustrated by the second.

J: Because it's all I could think about until now! What was Jace Ross doing at your house and why was he smiling all the way to his car?

A: Jaycee....

J: That's all I want to know..

A: Why are you so interested in knowing?!!

J: I want to make sure you're okay because this is JACE we're talking about. Jace who filled your locker with oil paint. Jace who kept on tripping you every time you walked by him in class or in the cafeteria. Jace who made you his target when we played dodgeball in PE. The same idiot who made your life hell for the past 3 years. THAT Jace!

A: I said I'm fine, and besides Jace is a misunderstood person who just needs people he could trust! He needs people who don't judge him without hearing his story!

J: What?! And you believed him? You're such an idiot Alexis. You're just so naïve. I mean how stupid can you get?!

A: So you called me to insult me Royce?

Now I was hurt. And it hurt even worse coming from him.

J: I didn't mean it like that.